Best Heart Rate Moniter

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm back in the groove of working out and have recently begun taking cycling classes. The instructor always wears a HRM and lets us know what we burn but of course everyone is different so I would like to get my own, but I don't particularly want to spend a fortune! I've found some on Amazon but have no idea where to start looking. Can anyone give me any suggestions on good HRMs at decent prices please? any help would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think you can go far wrong with a Polar. If you just want to count the calories and want a pretty basic one the Polar FT4 is a good one,
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think you can go far wrong with a Polar. If you just want to count the calories and want a pretty basic one the Polar FT4 is a good one,

I agree! That's the one I use and I really like it.
  • waterwaif
    waterwaif Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The Polar FT4 is a very popular (with good reason) basic HRM.

Here is a good comparison of the top 10:
    http://heart-rate-monitor-watches-review.toptenreviews.com/
  • Hevenn
    Hevenn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options

Also agree with anything Polar. I currently use the RS100, but will be getting an FT4 if this thing ever needs replacing.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Also agree with anything Polar. I currently use the RS100, but will be getting an FT4 if this thing ever needs replacing.

I just started using the FT4 today. Very easy to set up and use.