I want to be a skinny mom, join me, help me

Options
2»

Replies

• Velasca
    Velasca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mommy to a 3 year old here. I've been struggling with weight for years now. Going down 20-30 lbs then right back to where I started. Currently I want to lose about 77 lbs. I'm always looking for support and groups to keep me motivated.

Feel free to add me :-)
  • CaptainMilda
    CaptainMilda Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Lost, gained and wanna lose again.... and get fit... so I'm with you... am not a real mom, but a dog mom...
  • Barbie_Q
    Barbie_Q Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 85 pounds. That will get me down to my 'maximum healthy weight'. It gets me out of the obese range. I'm tired of being fat. What kind of Floridian can't wear a bikini to the beach? The one that looks like she should be thrown back in the water. This girl. Feel free to join me on my journey! I want to be a skinny mom, too!
    You look beautiful in your pic, stick with us and you'll be in bikini shape pretty soon :)
  • Barbie_Q
    Options
    lol i hear ya! my "baby" is almost 1.5 years old....time to stop blaming him :) Feel free to add me!
    hahaha 1.5 years is not too bad, as long as they're not in college it's still "baby weight" :bigsmile: <-- I'm just kidding here :tongue:
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    After I had my son, it took 3 years to take off the weight; I had a lot of weight to lose. I did it on my own-no gym, just workout tapes and ate lighter. It worked; I got nice and thin, then got pregnant with my daughter. That was then, though, when my body could respond to simplified diet and exercise. My kids are 12 and 9 now. It seems to take forever to get the scale to move----let me rephrase that to say that the scale has no problems going UP, LOL:) I have found that making better eating choices makes me feel better overall. It seems to be more about the diet than the exercise, anyway. But….we still need to do both!!!!:)
  • Barbie_Q
    Options
    I am a mom of three 10, 6, 8 months. I am struggling with motivation. I lost some but have been stuck. I want to get going because i don;t want the weight to pile on. Any words of wisdom?

Look at your three kids for inspiration. You are their first and primary role model in life and they will do what you do, especially when young. If you set the example to exercise regularly and eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight, they will too.
    Beautiful post mccindy, I want to be the best mom I can be for my kids, they're always watching us and learning from us... that's the greatest motivation for me.
  • Barbie_Q
    Options
    After I had my son, it took 3 years to take off the weight; I had a lot of weight to lose. I did it on my own-no gym, just workout tapes and ate lighter. It worked; I got nice and thin, then got pregnant with my daughter. That was then, though, when my body could respond to simplified diet and exercise. My kids are 12 and 9 now. It seems to take forever to get the scale to move----let me rephrase that to say that the scale has no problems going UP, LOL:) I have found that making better eating choices makes me feel better overall. It seems to be more about the diet than the exercise, anyway. But….we still need to do both!!!!:)
    I hear you, with my first one it was a little hard to lose the weight but one day I started to see results and *boom* I got pregnant again, second time around has been really hard, I didn't lose while breastfeeding and when I stopped I started gaining quickly. I know I have to modify my diet AND exercise, it's the only way for me, in the long run it makes me feel better, it's just a challenge to get started.. best of luck to you and everyone here! :flowerforyou: