C/Section- any success stories on Abs?

Options
hnyzthms
hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
Hi

I had a c/section 5 yrs ago but the old style cut belly button down rather than beneith bikini line across.

are there any success stories out there on people who have typical post preg belly espeicailly from c/section and got stomach back down and tightened the muscles back up.

And if there are pics even better x

Replies

• Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Why did they cut your incision that way? I have had two sections the normal way and I do vigorous workouts. I think some of it is genetics, but my stomach never gets where I want it to go. Looks good when I lay flat on my back. But, sags as I stand. Loose skin mostly. It also sags when I do planks or push ups. I did do cool sculpting on my Lower abs and sides. My sides are so much better now and it's been a year since I did it. My lower abs have noticeable difference, but still some sag. Doing 3 sessions of laser lipo now (from a Group On deal). Not as impressed with this as I am with cool sculpting. I think the only true way to help is tummy tuck which I can't afford. I am trying to look at it as my sacrifice to my children. My battle scars. That helps a little. But I work out hard and it does get frustrating sometimes. Good luck!
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Why did they cut your incision that way? I have had two sections the normal way and I do vigorous workouts. I think some of it is genetics, but my stomach never gets where I want it to go. Looks good when I lay flat on my back. But, sags as I stand. Loose skin mostly. It also sags when I do planks or push ups. I did do cool sculpting on my Lower abs and sides. My sides are so much better now and it's been a year since I did it. My lower abs have noticeable difference, but still some sag. Doing 3 sessions of laser lipo now (from a Group On deal). Not as impressed with this as I am with cool sculpting. I think the only true way to help is tummy tuck which I can't afford. I am trying to look at it as my sacrifice to my children. My battle scars. That helps a little. But I work out hard and it does get frustrating sometimes. Good luck!

They cut me that way because I have a kidney transplant and they put the organ in the front space so I was cut top to bottom instead of a cross to cut out risk of damage to kidney
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I had a C-section as well, and I'm starting to see them slightly after almost 10 months post partum :) (See profile picture above)
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section (horizontal incision). I do not work out (i should be and want to be). However, my tummy appears normal with the exception of some saggy skin while in the plank position--but upright, my stomach looks normal.

Note: i have slight diastasis recti (separated abdominal muscles) which is quite common for women who have been through pregnancy. Do you suspect you are dealing with this issue? If so, I would just caution you to research the types of exercises to do (some exercises are contraindicated for people with this condition). Surgery can also help remedy this issue.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    it's pretty tough for women to tighten back up after a baby let alone c section because of loose skin, muscle separation, and the scar will of course play a huge role in how the skin can lay. Sometimes things eventually shrink back up, but it really is a lot to ask of your skin, depending on how much it was stretched. The younger, the better chances.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Here are is a thread of before & after pics from moms:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1117587-mom-s-before-after-pics?hl=mom+results

I posted in the above thread around mid october. I wasn't (and am still not) done. I wish I had newer pics to share, but shortly after Halloween I discovered that I was pregnant again.

Another thread you might want to look at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/909249-moms-that-lost-belly-hang-extra-flab-stretch-marks?hl=mom+results

Both of these threads include women who have had c-sections and those who haven't. They also include a wide range of ages.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 c- sections. I do not see them but i was so heavy for so long i have extra skin.
  • ashleymarie9807
    ashleymarie9807 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not a six pack but trying

56915898_4273.jpg
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I had a c section a year ago (triplet pregnancy). I'm still working on my belly but it has gone down. I think if you eat clean and exercise regularly you can see results. It will all depend I'm how stretched out you were.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!