so annoyed with myself

Options
Rats. I've been doing well for over a year. Losing very very slowly, but still headed in the right direction. Working out is a solid habit now. As a former coach potato, that's a biggie. I made it through a vacation without gaining. I made it through the holidays with one pound. Then in the last three weeks, my eating got out of control again. Blah. I gained 8 darn pounds. STOP! I just need to write this down so I admit it and get a grip. It is amazing how it took 15 weeks to lose 8 and 4 weeks to gain it back lol. Ok thanks for listening (or not). I am heading over to read some success stories now.

Replies

• AmandaDutra
    Options
    I've heard that if you lose weight quickly like that, and you were relatively active, it's actually easier to lose it than before! :) Good luck (i'm sure you'll do great)!
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself :) you'll get them off again! :drinker:
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. Interesting. I wrote this and I noticed I was full from dinner, so I turned down a snack. I've stopped paying attention to my body signals recently. Step one.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    you're on the right track by being honest with yourself and putting it out there for the MFP world to see.
    I hope you get the inspiration you need by reading some success stories.
    I love your picture, such an angry little kitten!
  • MNBardsley
    MNBardsley Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating when the scale spikes or plateaus...incredibly frustrating. But we wont always be perfect and if we just zoom out and look at our progress we can see weight dropping and a few small blips where something didn't go as planned. 8 lbs. is tiny when you look at the big picture. You lost focus but you caught it and you sound like you're back to business. You may have more blips like this in the future but just realize that you can get off course without losing everything. Just re-adjust and keep progressing.

You sound you have come a long way so congrats on being back!
  • teresareckner
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself... forget the past.... look forward to the future... get back on track and do it! You will succeed. Good Luck :flowerforyou: