Discouraged - Gaining Weight

Options
I checked in again today and I gained yet another pound. I currently use a HRM and food scale and these don't seem to be helping. I haven't lost weight since October, so obviously something isn't working. I'm currently 149.2 pounds and want to get to 125. I've used BMR calculators which say 1340, so I upped my MFP calories to at least that (it had been wanting me to do 1200). I just desperately don't want to be one of the people who just gains it all back

Replies

• ColoradoCountryGal
    Options
    Exercise daily and changing you're routines is a good way to kick it..
  • agalassie
    agalassie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I workout 6 days a week and have 1 rest day to let my muscles repair. My workouts are typically 40 min or so. I also started a 30 day program at the beginning of the year and so I did change it at that point. I'll be changing it again in a week as well.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    How long ago did you increase your calories? It's fairly normal to see a slight gain right after you increase them as your body holds onto some water weight. It should disappear, but unfortunately you have to give your body a few weeks to get used to any changes before you can tell whether or not it's working.
  • jcorpern
    jcorpern Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The equation is simple... If calories burned is less than calories taken in, you will lose weight....

As Ayn Rand said, "Contradictions don't exist, Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong."

Either you're taking in more calories than you think, or you aren't burning as many as you think for your hieght and weight.

Start by seeing your doctor and seeing if there's a medical reason for this. If there's nothing medically wrong, then you need to start looking harder at your intake.
  • agalassie
    agalassie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I increased my calories about 3 weeks ago, right at the beginning of the new year.