PRETZELS WHY???

Options

Replies

• bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Apples! For me they seem to satisfy every craving.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

You can also stretch them out by crushing them - leave chunks, don't turn them into powder - and sprinkling over ice cream, peanut butter, chocolate. You can use them as a crust on pork or chicken and saute. You get the essence of pretzel and so much more.
    "Essence of pretzel" is not a phrase I ever expected to hear in life. :laugh:

In a world that actually sells things like 'dirt' perfume, you need to keep your mind open. :laugh:

Besides, I may have pretzel on the brain. I'm going to be attempting to make soft pretzels from scratch this weekend - fulfilling a Christmas promise.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Apples! For me they seem to satisfy every craving.

pink ladys are my favorite
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I would eat the entire giant bag of pretzel sticks. There was just something about them.

Try Nut Thins as a healthy snack chip. They're made of crushed almonds and if you like dips and salsas, they are sturdy enough to hold up. Blue Diamond makes them and they come in various flavors. Little nutty sweetness, touch of salty, very crunchy, and very good for you since they're made of high protein nuts.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/blue-diamond-almond-nut-thins-country-ranch-4-25-oz-pkg?SourceCode=INTL405&CAWELAID=530002460000001220&mkwid=PqMrAyBU&pcrid=45563018407&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CIjzpY-8l7wCFcEDOgodNWkAUw

mmm i am going to look for those at the store tonight, thanks for the tip!

I first came aross Nut Thins in an "end-cap" (end-of-the-aisle) grocery store display of gluten-free products. I don't have any problem with gluten, but they sounded good, so I bought some, and they really are tasty. I like the plain almond flavor, but they also come in smokehouse almond, cheddar cheese almond, country ranch almond, hazelnut, and pecan. Anyway, if you have any trouble finding them, you might look in the store's gluten-free section.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    WHY DO THEY MAKE ME CRAVE MORE??? WHAT ARE GOOD SNACKS THAT DON'T TURN ME INTO A HOOVER VACUUM CLEANER EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT?

avoiding things is a strategy, but for many it only leads to temporary success. finding some better way to control yourself and still enjoy things you like is really the only long term solution that can truely be satifying.

Probably there are reasons why you are inhaling the pretzels other then they are simply to delicious. I took an online quiz that told me i was an emotional eater, and just knowing that gave me half a chance of stoping the behavior before it was too late on a case by case basis.

I work 2 part-time jobs and for some reason there are containers of pretzels at both. I walk in the door of the 2nd job and reach for them. GAAAAA .... just a handful... or two... then I usually settle in... get the work started then, if it's not busy... heat and eat dinner. but 3 handfuls of pretzels have been consumed while we change shifts.
  • RoverCat
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is a cut up apple and a serving of pretzels. It's a large snack that lasts a while when watching a movie and fills you up. It's 190 calories and you get your sweet and salty. I really like the combo.
  • futurejedi
    Options
    because they go great with a cold beer
  • sara1029
    sara1029 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Protein fills you up more..................string cheese!
  • shannonalgren1
    shannonalgren1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I eat pretzels to stay away from the chips.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is a cut up apple and a serving of pretzels. It's a large snack that lasts a while when watching a movie and fills you up. It's 190 calories and you get your sweet and salty. I really like the combo.

will have to try that I love sweet and savory
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    WHY DO THEY MAKE ME CRAVE MORE??? WHAT ARE GOOD SNACKS THAT DON'T TURN ME INTO A HOOVER VACUUM CLEANER EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT?

how bout some hummus with em? it's filling :)
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Pretzels, although delicious, have really no nutritional value. You need some protein, fiber, even some fat to get more of that satisfied feeling.

Per 100g of pretzels

2.6g fat
    Sodium 1200mg
    Potassium 136mg
    Carbs 80g
    Fiber 3g
    Sugar 2g
    Protein 10g
    Iron 28%
    Calcium 1%
    Magnesium 7%

As you can see aside from having to drink a little more water the pretzel provides carbs for energy, potassium and is loaded with iron. A good food if you ask me!

The most likely make you crave more because of the salt or you need to drink more water.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I would eat the entire giant bag of pretzel sticks. There was just something about them.

Try Nut Thins as a healthy snack chip. They're made of crushed almonds and if you like dips and salsas, they are sturdy enough to hold up. Blue Diamond makes them and they come in various flavors. Little nutty sweetness, touch of salty, very crunchy, and very good for you since they're made of high protein nuts.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/blue-diamond-almond-nut-thins-country-ranch-4-25-oz-pkg?SourceCode=INTL405&CAWELAID=530002460000001220&mkwid=PqMrAyBU&pcrid=45563018407&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CIjzpY-8l7wCFcEDOgodNWkAUw

Nut thins are AWESOME
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    THESE PRETZELS.... ARE MAKIN ME THIRSTY!!!!!

costanza-wink.gif
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    if you want something salty or sweet and salty or sweet and spicy.. chickpea popcorn is awesome.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pretzels and peanut butter!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    THESE PRETZELS.... ARE MAKIN ME THIRSTY!!!!!

Hahaha!!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Pretzels and peanut butter!
    I love these too... especially lately. but the calorie count is wayyy too high for a snack
  • LCgymnast
    LCgymnast Posts: 258
    Options
    Strange today.....I'm making homemade pretzels literally like RIGHT NOW! How awesome that I saw this thread. Have you tried making your own pretzels before???
  • christyburcham
    christyburcham Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Apples, always apples. Best snack for me. Always makes me feel satisfied and still tastes pretty good :) But you rarely binge on apples.