Afraid to record weight loss

Options
I am paranoid about this weight loss thing right now. I think I have lost about 2 pounds but I am afraid to declare it. I think I should just wait it out long right?

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    What?
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Log it!
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    So been there. If you write it down and then next week you gain it back then you failed. However, if you just keep it to yourself and next week you gain it back, then "meh, the scale must have been wrong last week".
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    just log it. i was down to 216. that was 10 days ago. i logged it. i havent seen it again since. mostly 218. but i know one of these days ill jump on the scale and see 215. so i say if its a new low. LOG it.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record daily. I've learned alot about my bodies fluctuation, the reasons for them.

If you don't want to do that, that's fine. How about picking one weigh day a week for example and recording that weight. With a weekly recording, your trend should normally be downwards, even of you had some fluctuations during the week.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    This is a good arguement for a wifi scale. They're pricey but there's no internal debating. You step on it and your weight updates on MFP automatically.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Log it! And then only weigh in once a week or every two weeks. I am sadistic and like stats so I weigh everyday, so I see up and down . But there is the reports tool on MFP which shows a the visual representation. And a downward line overtime is all I need to see.
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If the scale is correct when you are up weight how can it be wrong when you are down???

Unless you have been ill the last few days and lost weight that way - I would log it - you earned it!!!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    What?

+1
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Be afraid, be very afraid...

Of monsters. Log it.
  • ball_FXDWG
    ball_FXDWG Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I limit losses and gains. I know I haven't lost 2 pounds in 24 hours the same as I haven't gained three pounds. I usually log in small increments of .3 pounds either way after a scale reading of over a pound in either direction, and every time the next day the scale is closer to where I was before the big jump. I weigh daily though so a weekly scale check might not work as well doing it like that.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record daily. I've learned alot about my bodies fluctuation, the reasons for them.

If you don't want to do that, that's fine. How about picking one weigh day a week for example and recording that weight. With a weekly recording, your trend should normally be downwards, even of you had some fluctuations during the week.

Good advice. OP, you can't trick weight loss. Log it, stay accountable, and accept that you'll have ups and downs along the way. Don't let fluctuations discourage you.

Or, if you'd rather, don't log your weight and base your progress on the way you look, feel, or fit into your clothing. It's not for everyone, but it works for some.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I record each new low. Unless I have done something so crazy high in calories that I anticipate a gain, I know that any slight fluctuation is water weight, so I ignore it and just wait for my new low.

You work hard for that loss. Too hard to ignore it.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Log it! And then only weigh in once a week or every two weeks. I am sadistic and like stats so I weigh everyday, so I see up and down . But there is the reports tool on MFP which shows a the visual representation. And a downward line overtime is all I need to see.

I don't weigh every day but I do weigh a couple times a week. But ... I've picked one "official" weigh date that I record and that's Friday.

Of course my weight fluctuates but it's usually sodium related and I know it without weighing... I see and feel it in my fingers before I even get on the scale.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Log it.. It's alot more satisfying than lying to yourself in the end.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I log ups and downs every day. I like the data.

Always log it.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I, like a couple others, log new lows.
    Just last week I was 272, ate 2 bad meals and somehow added water weight up to 276 literally overnight.
    It took 3 days to fight back to 272, but I did it--in fact, it was easy--because I WANTED 271.

Every pound in the downward direction was once unattainable; every pound is a victory.

"You did it, you made the number go down. Now make it go down again!"
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    For the love of all the wonderous things in this world - why?!

There are multiple reasons why you might see a false increase (food/waste in belly, water weight, etc) but there's no such thing as a false loss.

LOG IT!!!!
  • Madmarsha
    Options
    I see it, I log it. But I'm not afraid if I don't see it again for a couple days or whatever. I know I'll see it again because I'm not eating what I'm not supposed to.
  • kellylee6887
    kellylee6887 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Log it. It will help you figure out the best plan for you and will allow you to make eating and exercising adjustments.