Heart Rate Monitors

Options
2»

Replies

• DaveDTD
    DaveDTD Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just got the Wahoo Blue HR monitor. Thought it wasn't working at all, then I moved it up about 2 inches. Now it seems to work fine. I like it because it works with Runkeeper. I don't own a fitness watch yet and like to listen to music while running so the phone works best for me.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I got a Sigma PC 10.11. I made sure there was no battery tab. I tried taking the battery out and then back in. I've got the strap tight and right side up plus I've tried very level of tightness. It said to moisten the rubber pad on the strap that it has, which i did. I've got the watch in the mode for it to sync with the strap but still nothing! I'm pretty sure I've tried everything. I'm afraid its defective :(. I wouldn't mind so much but where I live it takes forever for shipping if I want to order another one and I am starting a new workout class today that I ordered this heart rate monitor for. Oh well, from what you guys are saying I think I'm going to look into the Polar heart rate monitors...

Sounds like it may just be a dead battery -- especially if there was no battery tab to begin with.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Mio Alpha. I love everything other than the back light. It. does. not. have. one. :mad:
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    did you wetten it before putting it on? Mine you have to I have a P7 and it works great
  • purcel
    purcel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mio Alpha. I love everything other than the back light. It. does. not. have. one. :mad:

I was looking at this one. seemed really great but the price and yes the back light. Plus I'm usually not one to get something in its first generation I like to wait til they work out the kinks.
  • purcel
    Options
    sometimes the don't work if you have an underwire bra on.

Do not think of this. I was testing it out with an underwire. Will have to put on my sport bra when I get home and try it with that. Thanks!
  • purcel
    Options
    I don't know about yours, but my chest strap doesn't have an on/off switch. When mine arrived, it wasn't working either so I've changed the battery and now it does work.

Mine doesn't have an on/off switch either. I think as others have said maybe its a dead battery, especially since it didn't have a battery tab. I will replace the battery and see, before I look into returning it. Thanks!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I when I get done working out I always stop my wrist unit & then unsnap the monitor from the strap. One time I forgot to remove it from the strap & ran the battery dead. And my polar also recommended using a gel to get a better connection and I tried it once but after the bottle opened in my gym bag & spilled all over & I had to use the HR monitor without it I found I didn't really need it. My only complaint with my polar is when I ordered a replacement chest strap I didn't care for their new version as much. Good luck
  • csmbsailor
    csmbsailor Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just had to buy a new one to replace my polar(ugh).
    Anyhow the strap did not work with tap water, then I re-read the instructions and spit on the chest strap and hello Heart rate! So it might need spit or sweat to start to pick up at least the first few times you wear it.
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Did it work?