Hey Ya'll

Options
So I'm trying this thing again. I have 100 pounds to lose. I've done 5 so far. I am a cheater, so this time I am holding myself accountable for every snack, snuck piece of chocolate, ect. I've also for the first time included exercise in my routine. I am happy to report that since New Years Day when I started on my journey I can now jog a mile in 16 minutes. It's not much but I'm pretty dang proud of it. This is the first time I've really looked at this as a lifestyle change. Not a DIEit. I've been reading some stories that give me hope here on these forums. I'm desperately hoping that I can keep this up. For the first time in my life, I'm doing something for me. Not someone else.

Replies

• Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    That's definitely something to be proud of! Best of luck, and feel free to add me if you're looking for some friends on your journey.
  • Sewilban
    Sewilban Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you :)

My biggest realization with cheating was this: just beause I don't log that Hershey's Kiss in MFP doesn't mean that I didn't have it. I'm all about moderation, so I don't cut anything out of my diet - I just make sure to moderate, that way I won't feel like I have to cheat. So if I have three or four pieces of chocolate after lunch, that's OK - chances are I've accounted for it, and I log it. The only person I cheat if I don't log what I eat is myself.

Good luck to you!
  • jodatoad
    Options