i weigh over 300 pounds -_- is anyone obese/super obese?

Options

Replies

• superasianwoman
    Options
    You can do this!!!!
  • Callamcampbell
    Callamcampbell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started my journey today :) I'm 370lbs :)

We're all rooting for you :) I am defiantly behind you :)
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    There is a group for that :D

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1140-300

It seems quite well populated :-)
  • superasianwoman
    Options
    U can do it!!! :)
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    I'm 320 (personal record high!) But I'm only 5'4" so I bet I'm wider. Once upon a time I went from 230 to 180 in 3 months, but all I did was eat meat and drink rum and diet cokes with lime. Fun times! Very unhealthy weight loss plan. Welcome to MFP! I just joined too. ????
  • jbrixe00
    jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My heaviest was 330. I got down to 305 because my husband started working nights and we werent cooking a big meal every night where I would pig out after being hungry at work.. I started actually trying to lose weight 1/3/14... I'm 5'8 started at 305 and am now 292! I need to start working out but just had surgery a week ago (tomorrow will be a week) so hopefully I'll get the go ahead from my doctor Tuesday! Anyone is welcome to add me!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and had surgery in June. My heaviest was 317# and is now 197#. There's a great group called "Let's Lose 100+!".
  • Malindab62
    Malindab62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weighed 330 when i started. I just found out about mfp. I've lost 15 lbs since Christmas. I'm hoping to find some encouragement here. You certainly have my support. You go!! You can do it. All of us can.
  • JennyJ2015
    JennyJ2015 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    im just now starting and i weigh 302 my heaviest ever .. so tired of being heavy im ready to lose this weight
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I don't have the most perfect diet by any means but girl, you need to eat more calories. You are putting your body in starvation mode where the body itself hordes its fat just to have something to survive on. There are several brands of bread that are 35 or 40 calories instead of a regular loaf. I noticed one meal you had a grilled cheese sandwich. I use a George Foreman grill so I don't have to put any butter in the skillet. Good for you on all the veggies you eat. But you seriously need more calories. Good luck in your journey
  • BrittneyJ2006
    BrittneyJ2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am. And it was a sad day when I finally accepted that I am morbidly obese. I weighed 303lbs. Since starting this I've lost 13lbs and I will NEVER see 300+ again.
  • brown7508
    brown7508 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' tall and weigh 265. i wanna get down to about 130. a few years ago i lost about 40 pounds and kept it off for about a year, then gained it back and then some. i just recently started back using MFP, it helped me in the past so, giving it another go. good luck to you on your journey to a healthier you. fell free to add me if you need some xtra support.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i started at 370

im now 166

no quick fix's healthy eating exercise, drinking water

you can do this

my profile is open feel free to add

here is a group i created .. anyone is welcome . there is some amazing peeps..

i am now 31 pounds from goal weight

i did it you can to.. that 370 pound woman doesnt exist anymore.. i set the person inside free.. i am working on finishing my journey..

you can read my profile..

believe in yourself.. your each worth it!!

join me

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 352 in 2012. I lost 30 lbs. in 2013 and just found MFP a few weeks ago. I am at 309 now so 43 lbs. down from my highest weight. I started tracking my food about 2 weeks ago and am sticking with about 1750 -1800 calories a day. My goal is to lose 70 lbs. in 2014. I will still have plenty to lose - but it is progress. I got serious about nutrition and weight loss in May 2013 when I was diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. Since that time my BP is normal with medication, my blood sugar is in the normal range with no medication and my heart disease is somewhat improved with medication. I know that the dietary changes I have made have had an effect too. My biggest challenge is exercise - my joints are shot after so many years of being so overweight and working on my feet on cement floors for 35+ years. Good luck to all who are on the same journey.
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I started at 300lbs. You can do it! Trust me i am a stress eater and have had a bad food addiction problem. Good luck!
  • pikle1
    pikle1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also started 300+, determined to lose the weight!!
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    I started on 07/29/12 at 320 lbs. Today I weigh 185 lbs. My goal weight is 160 lbs (I am 5'8"). 25 lbs to go!! I chose to make the commitment to a healthier lifestyle, and I haven't looked back since! Believe me, you can do this! It is so worth it!! :happy:
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    As of today, I am under 300 lbs! That was a big goal for me. I still can't believe I let myself get that big, but I am really happy about the loss.

I'd love for others who started in the 300s to add me as a friend.

Maryann
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started at 325... and I'm 5'4" too... so I'm 5 pounds wider! Lolz. I got down to 250 about a year ago and I gained every single pound back. I don't have any lofty goals of getting down to 125... as I should be. I just want to be under 200 pounds.
  • GiantMadness
    Options
    Hi, I'm 6ft and i'm currently 324lbs which is my highest. I only started my journey a month ago and i have not lost much in terms of weight but I have started at the gym but i've dropped a dress size :)

I'm doing this for myself but my main motivation is my wedding in August 2015.

I would like to get down to about 210lbs.

xxx