How legit is Walden Farms ZERO calorie items??

Options
Anyone know???

It says everything is zero caloies, like their caramel sauce, mayo, bbq sauce... everything.... just wondering if it's possible to be true??

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Bump...I'm curious, too!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Easy answer is yes, it's possible (to an extent) but all you have to do is look at the ingredients list to understand how they made it like that. There's literally nothing real in their products aside from maybe vinegar and "spices". I have been known to use their "peanut spread" on occasion but I won't be purchasing it again. It doesn't taste good. I'd rather use PB2 or hell, just one portion of ACTUAL peanut butter. I have found the dressings to be runny and gross.
    ETA: and they are grossly overpriced.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Yes, no calories, carbs, fat, sugar, and gluten free.

The only Walden Farms item I have tried is the balsamic vinaigrette. Honestly, I wasn't a fan. I did not like the taste. It was very bitter and tasted like chemicals. That's just my personal opinion though.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    anything 5 calories or less can legally be sold in the US and 0 cal.
  • KyaniBody
    Options
    I live on this stuff during prep.

The Pancake syrup is the best. Some of them taste horrible. Only ones I use are Pancake Syrup, Chocolate Syrup, Blueberry Syrup and Carmel Sauce.
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I actually LOVE LOVE LOVE their sugar free raspberry vinaigrette. Haven't tried their other products. But even though they might be calorie free, a lot of times they include ingredients you should limit and just because it says 0 for one serving, it does not mean it is 0 for 20 servings. I don't see any issues with them as part of a balanced nutrition plan, but like everything else, don't go overboard.

Good Luck
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I havent found one yet that taste good. They gag me.....sorry:sick:
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I would sooner eat a greasy pillow case than try anything they have to offer again...
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info guys :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    no calories = no nutrients...why bother? There is far more to nutrition than just calories.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of processed food with no problems but that stuff scares me. What the heck kind of frankenfood makes zero calorie ranch dressing?! :noway:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Their cinnamon raisin spread isn't bad. I like it on rice cakes or these cracker bread things I have.

I've tried some of the other stuff, their 'marshmallow' stuff - GROSS! It looked like watered down white-out.

Chipotle Mayo - Ick.

Their 'peanut spread' which I guess is their version of peanut butter? Yeah, nooooo. It was just wrong. Tasted nothing like peanut butter.

Several of their dressings too, the only one that I remember liking was a fruity vinaigrette kind.