• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    my tummy looks like this:
    109fb4f0-973f-454d-a002-9e23f11b70f9_zpsee31a79a.jpg

what do i need to do to get like this?:

download_zpse90e88ed.jpg
    First you need image tags to get your pics to show. :tongue:

Then you need a small calorie deficit to lose fat, and grab some weights for strength training to maintain muscle. And patience.
  • quest67
    quest67 Posts: 94
    Options
    what kind of strength training exercises? planks?
  • professormudd1
    Options
    Whole body strength training, and namely squats and deadlifts.
  • rk_19
    rk_19 Posts: 92
    Options
    I have the same issue as the OP, and I've been following a calorie deficit and weight training, and so far I've seen no results. Also, I'm on the paleo diet. Don't know what Im doing wrong :(
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Eat less, strength train.

I'm getting a feeling of deja vu....

^^^This. And when we say eat less, we don't mean starve yourself. Slight deficit will do the job. Take your time and let the fat fall off. It will come off where it wants. You can't make it only come from your stomach.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options

This is how it's done right. Follow if you want to keep if off. I used to be 278. Now I'm 211 from this same stuff.
  • quest67
    Options
    since i dont have weights, can i use body weight?
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seamonster1203
    seamonster1203 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    of course you can use body weights. That looks sort of like a beer belly to me
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I got a flat stomach by losing around 20lbs more than my original goal weight, and I was also walking a lot at the time, which may have helped (?). My most recent pictures in my profile (swim suit), were taken several weeks into strength training (at home program), but the side shot picture (yellow wall background), was actually taken before I started the strength training and you can see my stomach is totally flat at that point, before I even started doing any body weight/strength exercises. So for me, it was about losing enough weight.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue as the OP, and I've been following a calorie deficit and weight training, and so far I've seen no results. Also, I'm on the paleo diet. Don't know what Im doing wrong :(
    We don't either - your diary is closed. :wink: Make it public and it's easier to offer advice.
    Google "you are your own gym" for body weight exercises.
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Same position, I've just lost a pound this week in this month which has not been so easy. I'm going to do the 30DS as a workout so combine resistance with cardio for 20 minutes per day, maybe something to look into? Your stomach is similar to mine (mine may be slightly bigger) so I know it's a pain to have but got to stay patient. I'm thinking to attempt heavy lifting in summer when I go home from Uni.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Photoshop.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Consistent calorie deficit, resistance training, and get adequate sleep.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    We don't either - your diary is closed. :wink: Make it public and it's easier to offer advice.
    Google "you are your own gym" for body weight exercises.

I'm doing Mark Lauren's other book right now, geared towards women, called Body By You. I've got a few weeks left and then I'll be moving on to You Are Your Own Gym :) Lauren's books/programs are great!
  • quest67
    Options
    Photoshop.

no need for your sarcasm, its easy for you cause its not your problem