Meal ideas please???

Hey everyone,

Ya boy here needs some new meal ideas please. I am not talking about any of that hippie low carb stuff. Nothing against low carb but it isn't for me. I am an intermittent faster so my first meal needs to be around 700 to 1000 calories or so. I have been doing my own versions of naked burritos since I love Chipotle and Qdoba so much for the past few weeks and that taste is getting old. Any good nutrient dense dishes would be great. It needs to be something I can make a good amount of for a weeks with.

P.S. Please don't use the term cheat. I hate it. Food shouldn't be looked at as bad in amy form in my opinion. It's all calories man.

Replies

• Chili - you can make white bean/chicken and traditional red bean/beef. Nutrient dense, healthy, cheap and easy to prepare.
  • Panthers89
    Panthers89 Posts: 153 Member
    At this very moment, I am making a big pot of homemade marinara sauce with Italian garlic sausage in there to add to the flavor. Sausage gets a bad rap - I always heat it on low in some water in a separate pan to burn the fat off. Once the base of the sauce is completed, the sausage goes in to cook to completion in the heat of the sauce.

If you know how to cook, there are a lot of slow-cooker recipes available online. I would also suggest homemade chili with beans and vegetables. This is another hearty meal that I cook and it will fill you up and is pretty nutritious.

Good luck!!!
  • pjowkar
    pjowkar Posts: 36 Member
    I agree with the chili. It's super filling. I like to make a big batch and then freeze the rest for later. You can do the same thing with lasagna, stuffed shells, etc. Make it once, eat it again later.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    We do make chili. I guess I should have mentioned that.
  • pjowkar
    pjowkar Posts: 36 Member
    How about a 3 egg veggie omelette for breakfast? I suppose you could add meat (I'm a recent veghead), but a lot of "breakfast" meats are super processed. Even when I ate meat, I avoided them. Perhaps you could add some fresh sausage or ham from a local butcher.