P90X3 - Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• aeparks3
    Options
    I'm on my third week right now...loving it so far! I'm in a group, so the motivation definitely keeps me going. This is my first BB experience so I wasn't sure what to think going into it. I can already tell that I'm feeling better and feeling more fit, but I haven't actually seen any results so far (It's only been 2.5 weeks and I don't have a lot to lose in the first place). I agree with that the Yoga X3 isn't challenging enough!
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Day 8: Total Synergistics and 9: Agility X in the bag. Enjoyed both....Synergistics because of the pure variety of moves. Agilityx is
    just mad fun and gets sweat flying everywhere !! I have to say my body responded much better this week than last. Shhh...don't
    tell anybody...but I was pretty sore after the 1st 2 days last week. Same 2 workouts this week...I feel much better !
    Along with feeling better....I find myself wanting to do more than Yoga today.....might tack on Abripper. Already thinking about
    The Challange on Thursday...and what my numbers might be. I think I might try 28 and 7, after 25 and 6 last time.
    Take care...and enjoy the ride !
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week right now...loving it so far! I'm in a group, so the motivation definitely keeps me going. This is my first BB experience so I wasn't sure what to think going into it. I can already tell that I'm feeling better and feeling more fit, but I haven't actually seen any results so far (It's only been 2.5 weeks and I don't have a lot to lose in the first place). I agree with that the Yoga X3 isn't challenging enough!

I took my Day 28 pics this weekend and saw good results. I also remember P90X took 6 weeks before the results really showed, but after that it was non-stop fat loss. Keep it up and I am certain you will see the results of your hard work.

Mike
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day with Total synergetics. Very excited!
    I wonder what weight should I use? I just did the fit test on Monday, so I know my limits. Should I aim for the same weight that I used for biceps curls or lighter? maybe heavier?
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day with Total synergetics. Very excited!
    I wonder what weight should I use? I just did the fit test on Monday, so I know my limits. Should I aim for the same weight that I used for biceps curls or lighter? maybe heavier?

Good luck on your first day, you're going to love it! I used different weights through out synergistics, it's what feels comfortable and if it's too much after a bit, switch to a lower weight or even no weight at all. It's all what you feel will push you without pushing you too far.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Today is Week 2/Day 3/ Yoga - Yesterday I did Agility and man that one is tough on me. As soon as I get the shuffle or forward right, he changes it lol! But it's still a lot of fun and I turn into a hot sweaty mess which is a great thing. I told my six year old that sweat was fat crying last night after she asked why I looked so shiny, and she get mad it me for being so mean to it. She's a doll lol. I was curious about what kind of calories you all were burning during Agility? I need a heart rate monitor but I've got to wait a bit till I can grab one, finances.. got to act like a grown up sometimes.

I'm really surprised that some of you think the yoga isn't challenging enough! I've never done yoga a day in my life and all I do is fall over!

You all are doing great! I can't believe I'm on the tenth day of working out in a row! Sadly, that's a new record for me, I always did programs three days at a time per a week. to those of you who are injured or in line for surgery, I wish you well and send love from Texas!
  • blueniche
    Options
    Count me in. I am 10 days into X3, and I think it is great so far. I will be back at Day 30 :)
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    10 days into P90X3 and MFP, loving both so far! Best of luck to everyone!
  • Butrovich
    Options
    Day 32 of P90X3. A total of 1/2 lbs lost since Day 1, but a 1% drop in body fat and loss of 2 inches from the waist. Don't focus on the scales, rather on how your clothes feel. Also, don't forget to take those Day 30 pics. Differences WILL show up on them.

Yesterday I ran three miles, during which my Fitbit Flex battery died. I know, First World problems. Today I plan to do Eccentric Lower.

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Mike
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Today was day 2 for me, Agility X was excellent! I LOVE it. It is a pity that it doesn't happen on the weekend. This is the kind of thing that my 5 years old could do with me.
    It reminds me to the p90X plylo which was my fav cardio in p90x.
  • zachherda1
    Options
    Today was day 4 for me but so far I am loving it! The workouts kick butt but are flying by!
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    TGIF ! Checking in... Day 10 Yoga X : I really enjoy the variety of moves in this workout. The Tempo is perfect for me....and I can
    see myself using this disc in a hybrid workout in the near future. I may have to except however, that crane pose will never be my friend !!

Day 11 The Challenge: Some workout days are better than others. I have to say... today was a joy :). After using 25(push ups), and 6(pull-ups) last week, I upped my numbers to 28 and 7. Something about this routine...brought out the beast in me.
    Just a rush. I just think about never doing a pull-up until 4 months ago...and I'm 48....It just gets my adrenaline going :bigsmile:

Whats ahead ? another strange encounter with Pilates !! Keep on...keeping on everybody !!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Hey guys, today is week 2/ day5.. and where has the time gone? Am I actually having fun? Anyways, tonight is CVX and my favorite workout thus far! Ready to bring it tonight!

Keep it up guys!
  • stevansrb
    Options
    lol at p90x, progression overload ftw
  • miamouse3
    miamouse3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    P90X3? I think I am out of the loop. I've had P90X, whats P90X3?

Is there 2 too?
  • pjowkar
    pjowkar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd week of P90X3, day 17. I was always hesitant to do the original one due to the time factor, but this is only 30 minutes a day. What's nice about that is if you accidentally (or not) skip a day, you can make up for it by doing 2 workouts the next day. I'm currently doing the "lean" workout, and so far the only equipment I've needed is one 10 lb dumbbell for on exercise. I wear a heart rate monitor and do an average to get my calories burned. Pretty good so far! I would recommend it.
  • Butrovich
    Options
    P90X3? I think I am out of the loop. I've had P90X, whats P90X3?

Is there 2 too?

P90X2 was released a few years ago. P90X3 was released Christmas 2013.

I competed P90X3 Incinerator and burned 360 calories lifting weights, pushups, and pullups. This one is all muscle and no aerobics at all.

Mike
  • LorieEyedoc
    Options
    Hi. I did 10 weeks of T25 and loved it. Ordered P90x3 and am loving it as well. I am on week 3 of the "lean" routine. My favorites so far are CVX, Warrior, Dynamix, Yoga, Isometrics, and MMX. I sometimes do a T25 and P90x3 as I have found the more you do these things, the more you want to do them! My goal is to be in the best shape I can for my age (51)! I also walk my dogs about 4-5 miles a day, but it's been tough lately in the Northeast. I've enjoyed reading all the posts!
  • Butrovich
    Options
    P90X3 MMX complete. Like P90X Kenpo, but on steroids. Very hard for an uncoordinated geek to keep up with Tony's moves.

Mike
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    P90X3 MMX complete. Like P90X Kenpo, but on steroids. Very hard for an uncoordinated geek to keep up with Tony's moves.

Mike

I am supposed to do MMX tomorrow and after watching a video on YouTube of someone else doing it, I am going to have to say "sorry Tony" and pass. Not even gonna give it the old college try. I hated kenpo with a fiery passion and usually subbed plyo x. Might just do that tomorrow!