discouraged

Options
ok so i know the weight aint gonna fall off over night but its so hard not to get discouraged...i started zumba 3 weeks ago..and i make sure i exercise on the days there is no class..so i zumba in class 3 days a week for 60 to 70 min and then i try to do 20 to 30 min here at home of the zumba so im exercising 6 days a week ..and look.. these is a big accomplishment because i just didnt do stuff like that most i been involved with is a 1 mile walk..so im thinkin man i burnin major calories here, watchin what i eat i just figured i would see some results just a lil..i been watchin what i eat since 1-4-14.. ive lost 2.5 pounds ..just hard to keep goin when u feel fatter and not seein results yet

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    As long as you are moving in the right direction, you need to recognize that you are making life changes here. The amount of exercise you are getting sounds pretty good.

The other piece of the puzzle is your diet. Are you tracking how much you are eating? Many studies have shown that the average person eats more when they exercise more, unless they are tracking.
  • nae7690
    nae7690 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    yeah i track everythin i eat on here i also look for myself on the packagin to make sure its addin it right..i guess i expected to see a lil more result for the exercise im doin...just one of them days ..tomorrows another day..:-)
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Keep working away! trust me ....you CAN & WILL achieve your goals ....
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Have you taken any measurements or are you strictly going by the scale?
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    You're pretty much exactly on track. Why would you be anything other than thrilled? Enjoy your success and keep going.
  • ican_doallthings
    Options
    You can do this!!! I recently joined a gym and I have started taking a class, and when I feel discouraged... I look around the room and the other people pushing through. Knowing that im not in this alone but with other people who are on this journey too, I draw strength from that! I believe you can do this!! You got what it takes!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    It won't be linear and it wont seem logical....i have had weeks where I worked my hind off...gained 2...then the next week just did minimal and lost 2 to 3 lbs....It isn't a straight line...it goes up and down.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options

^this

Make sure you are eating at least your BMR since you workout pretty hard. Drink plenty of water. Maintain low sodium.
    Just keep at it! You can do it!!
  • californiabella
    Options
    Be grateful for progress.

kdjflsj.png
  • sprocketism
    sprocketism Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Incidentally, I started on the 4th also and I'm down 8 LBS. No exercise for me because I know that 75% of weight loss is directly related to FOOD.

Take a look at my food diaries. I eat like a horse, I'm full like crazy, no crappy exercise, and I'm dropping weight like it's cool for the first time ever. Seriously, if more people eat the way I do, MFP would be the most succesful software ever!

Check my food!

SPROCKETISM
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. I know it can feel like a snail crawl but you are heading in the right direction. The way I see it is time goes by wether you are trying to lose weight and get healthier or not so you might as well be losing weight no mater how long it takes!!!!
  • ncast139
    Options
    Be grateful for progress.

kdjflsj.png

eww....thats a great pic! haha
  • tr66
    tr66 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We have become so accustomed to instant results and quid pro quo action, and that is simply not the reality of life. It took years of not paying attention to what we eat, and not exercising that brought us to the point where we said enough and wanted to do something about it to reverse it. If you were like me, you didn't let the scale rule your life before you started this crusade so don't let it judge your progress now either. Rather, measure your success one meal logged at a time, one exercise logged at a time, one daily diary completed under your caloric goal. those are where the real battles are won. The scale takes time to catch up, and it will always seem like you are putting in more effort than you are getting out of the scale
  • nae7690
    Options
    just scales im really not sure how to measure the correct way..but i thought im losin more inches then pounds just aint really seein much difference in the mirror.. i am happy bout the 2.5 loss dont get me wrong just havin a day today wantin to see results ..i know keep at it!!! :-)
  • nae7690
    Options
    just scales im really not sure how to measure the correct way..but i thought im losin more inches then pounds just aint really seein much difference in the mirror.. i am happy bout the 2.5 loss dont get me wrong just havin a day today wantin to see results ..i know keep at it!!! :-)
  • nae7690
    Options
    thank u!!!!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It won't be linear and it wont seem logical....i have had weeks where I worked my hind off...gained 2...then the next week just did minimal and lost 2 to 3 lbs....It isn't a straight line...it goes up and down.
    ^^^ this!!!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Linking this again for emphasis: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Also check out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

And: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

And finally, it's difficult, but try to be more patient. It's been less than a month. It takes time, and you are making progress, you're smaller than you were when you started, and that can only mean forward motion. You'll get there if you stick with it!
  • jbladecki
    jbladecki Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Keep on your routine that you have been doing! I was losing, stopped went up and down 5 lbs for 3 months! Now I'm back on the down slope again. I was very discouraged also but I didn't give up, now I'm dropping inches and weight.