New to the group!

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this site. My friend located it on facebook, and suggested I join! I love it, it's so helpful,
and might show me where I could be improving. I have been in the process of losing since April, and so far, I
have lost 41 pounds, and it has been difficult. I keep hitting major plateau's and can't seem to get anywhere for
several weeks at a time, so keeping my motivation up has been quite the struggle lately. Look forward to talking
to some of you!

Replies

• lv2r1de
    Options
    WELCOME! Wow 41 lbs is incredible! Congrats! This site has really helped me to keep myself on track. Best of luck!!

Becky =)
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • shashakit
    Options
    Hey there! Just signed up this week and digging it. I am a Pilates Instructor and studio owner. I love working out and have always been in great shape. I turned 40 this year and recently noticed I can't eat whatever I want and as much as I want anymore. This site is ideal for me. Keeping an eye on calories and seeing how much I burn throughout the day is an eye opener. I used another calorie counter site a few years ago and I find this one to be a lot easier to use. I wish everyone the best and perhaps help encourage anyone who has a difficult time exercising. -Shannon
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    That's awesome, Starblaze. Congratulations on losing so much already. I'm sure MFP can help you lose until you're done. Good luck!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Well done you. 41 pounds since April. I too have been trying to lose weight since April and have lost 9kgs = about 19 pounds. I think I'm having more success since joining this site. Second weigh in Monday. I am now motivated by guilt. I think about everything and how will I feel about myself when I go to bed at night. I am doing this for me, so I like to go to bed proud of myself. Almost talked myself out of exercising yesterday, with excuses too tired, did a good workout day before wont that do, than knew I would like myself more if I just got in and did it. So on to the old exercise bike, and while answering email with the laptop balanced on a cushion on handlebar, I pedaled away for 30 min. Sometimes we need to multi task, but we can do it.