Anyone in the healthy bmi range?

Options
Hi,

I've just made the healthy bmi range, but still have a tiny bit more weight to lose to fit into my old tops, and toning to do. Feel free to add me if you are in a similar place. I'm Australian, age 32, 5 ft 2.

Replies

• lilgemforgets
    Options
    I am. but BMI is a really useless tool. ITs your body fat percentage that counts! People with a lot of muscle weight have a high BMI but low body fat %. Thats why i wouldnt concern yourself with that so much!

From England, 5'3 and also 32!
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    no. to get to the top of my healthy BMI range I would have to lose 100 lbs from where I am now.:explode:
  • pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my BMI sucks. I'll leave it at that.

Nowhere near my "healthy" range yet. Plus I don't have many good muscles to blame things on. :laugh:
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you guys will get there!! Just keep up good work. Thanks for those who've added me - look forward to cheering each other on :)
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've just made the healthy bmi range, but still have a tiny bit more weight to lose to fit into my old tops, and toning to do. Feel free to add me if you are in a similar place. I'm Australian, age 32, 5 ft 2.
    looks like our goal is pretty much the same, mind if I add you? :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Just hit it about a week ago. I know the BMI doesn't say much, but coming down from over 33 to 24.5 sure does. I have never been 'normal' before!

I am also on the verge of breaking into the 50kg bracket and less than 7kg to my goal.

Being overweight all of my life (at time in the obese/morbidly obese category), I'm very happy about my progress!!
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    BMI is very inaccurate. I'm in "healthy" range but with 30% of BF I'm not exactly healthy.
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    I started right on the borderline between normal and overweight and now have a BMI of 23.7. My goal weight would put me at 21.9.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    I wish! Trying to get out of the OBESE range and into the OVERWEIGHT range
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 5'1 or 2" w/ a BMI of 24. Do not set your weight loss goal any higher than .5 lb. per week.

Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories. If you're not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 23 at the moment and !'m looking pretty much to stay there. I don't want to lose too much more weight at the moment. I will say that when I was losing weight I didn't realise just how low being in your healthy range is.
  • alcianblue
    Options
    Hi,

I have the same height, but started my journey from a BMI~32. I'm currently at 27.4 trying to get to ~22 by eating healthy and exercising. I am very commited and do not even do cheat days.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 23.6 right now, and I still have a bit more weight I'd like to lose. My goal weight would put me at 19.5.
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm about 11lbs away from Overwieght and 44lbs away from Normal - which itself is 6lbs below my long-term target weight.

I look at my BMI out of interest and when I get to Overweight it'll be a nice milestone but nothing more.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    nope!!