Taller Ladies (5'8 and up) How Many Calories do you eat??

Options
5'11-6ft, (182cm)19 Years old, My Ultimate goal is to lose 45 Kilograms (100 Pounds)(1 and 1/2 year)-Taking it 1 kg at a week.

Just wondering if any of you lovely ladies have a similar calorie goal as me or near and still lose 2 pounds (1kg) per week.

I am at 1800 Goal- Exercise 5-6 Times a week. 2 Hour Cardio each time and will be doing strength training 3-4 days a week also.

Most Days I Net Between 1200-1500. So, the main point is do I still eat this many calories and expect to lose, or decrease it a bit. Please excuse me if i sound super uneducated on this topic, but I'm new to it all.

One last thing, Do you think losing 100 Pounds (45kilograms) in One year and a bit healthy?

Thank you

Replies

• julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I think your calories goals sound pretty good.
    Awesome job with the exercising, but I would recommend cutting down the cardio. Doing 2 hours a day just isn't maintainable for most people and not really even necessary. You could try to add in shorter sessions of HIIT (high intensity interval training) where you train for a shorter period of time, but at a more intense level. It is actually really beneficial for weight loss and doesn't take as much time as steady state cardio.
    Good luck
  • mariejoy1995
    mariejoy1995 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Will definitely be cutting my cardio
  • mariejoy1995
    Options
    Bump! Come on ladies! Help
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi, mariejoy. I am between 5'10-5'11 and started with 75 pounds to lose. I have been working toward a healthier lifestyle for 5 months and I have lost more than 40 pounds. I currently have MFP set for 1450 and I eat back exercise calories (if I am hungry).

When I started I was not exercising and I kept my calories at the threshold MFP suggested for -2 lbs a week. When my calories kept getting decreased I added more exercise started to eat back some of the calories (or sometimes all). It is not unhealthy to lose 100 pounds in a little over a year, but it is likely wiser to take your time.

While some people might be successful losing lots of weight in a year, they often are under a doctors care. Also you have to be mindful that when you lose weight you are also losing some muscle. You want to make sure that you are eating enough so that your body has the needed calories to repair itself, especially if you are doing lots of cardio and strength training.

I don't know about you, but I never want to find myself in a position of having to lose lots of weight again. Therefore not giving myself an end date for when the weight must be off is healthier for me. I don't want to get focused on a number on the scale but instead reduce my quantity of food, increase the quality of what I'm eating, and increase my strength and endurance.

My 2 cents: Reduce your planned cardio. Two hours everyday is appropriate if you are an athlete training for a season, but for the rest of us it is hard to maintain 10-12 hours in the gym every week. It is one thing if you are counting all of your daily walking toward your cardio goal, but to be on machines or out running 60 minutes is plenty. On the elliptical the machine always tells me I burn 600 or more calories an hour. It will be hard to learn appropriate portion sizes if you are still eating 2500 calories (1300 net because of exercise). My general rule of thumb is 30 minutes of something everyday, 45-60 minutes most days and no more than 90 minutes (strength and cardio session, usually on a weekend).
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently boxing 2h a week, strength training 2h, and cardio 30 minutes x 6 days/week. I eat about 1800 cals a day and have lost 8 lb since Christmas. I am almost done rehabbing a quadriceps strain, and I will be back to doing 2 hour Muay Thai kickboxing classes 3 times a week. When that happens I will probably increase my calories to about 2000.

Oh, and I am 151 now, trying to lose 11 more lb at least, maybe 16. I was 140 last July when I quit smoking. Gained some weight right after I quit, then some more when I was briefly taking steroids for my adrenals.
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (1.73m) with a similar amount to lose, and my goal (at the 1.5 pounds/week rate) is currently 1620 - that's on sedentary, though, because I use a FitBit to track my activity and a HRM for intentional exercise, which I do 6 days a week. I generally end up eating around 1900-2200 calories a day (sometimes more if I've done a lot of exercise) and still net just under 1620. You could probably even get away with eating a bit more, even if you reduce your cardio - I find that I often lose more steadily when I eat just a bit more!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and just broke out of the 200-lbs range again, with still about 58 pounds to lose. I aim for 1820 a day, usually coming in 5-50 under that (except yesterday :blushing:). I started with over 100 to lose, almost a year ago. I use the TDEE method outlined at http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/#projectedweightloss though, so I never have to worry about eating back exercise calories. My brain likes it better that way :laugh:. So far it's working well :)
  • mariejoy1995
    Options
    Thank you everyone for Sharing :flowerforyou:
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    5`10, 172

I use IIFYM calculator : 1810

Most days I eat between 1500-1700.