HELP LOVE HANDLES.

Options
I have a giant problem with my love handles, how can I get rid of them? what excersices am i suppose to do?

Replies

• MLgarcia3
    Options
    kickboxing works my obliques pretty well! also, I found a workout video that I love and makes my sides hurt the next day (in a good way)

http://www.exercisetv.tv/store/p-1626-sexy-beach-abs.aspx
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    You can not target fat loss, where your body gains/loses fat is determined by your genetics.
  • cthomas1967
    Options
    Yes. What Grglandr said. The only way to get rid of love handles is to LOSE WEIGHT! I did situps, crunches, all kinds of exercises and could never get the abs I wanted. Then when I joined MFP I lost 15 pounds and now my abs are as defined as I wanted all along. Stick to the basics. There are no shortcuts. Eat fewer calories than you burn. Eat food that's good for you. Work out to look better, feel better, and accelerate the first step. Stick to the plan for a few months and before you know it, you'll get rid of those love handles!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You can not target fat loss, where your body gains/loses fat is determined by your genetics.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.
  • BBCoach_Chiiva
    BBCoach_Chiiva Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Once you lose weight, you are going to see BIG BIG BIG results on those LOVE HANDLES! :)
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Im also quite curvy and my love handles were an issue, but like other people said ~ losing weight on a whole will see them shrink back into defined curves. Mine have decreased in size quite alot - mainly once i hit the 15lbs loss mark. The only exersize i do is the treadmill as i can spend ages on there so just keep going as you are. :smile:
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    After losing weight and working out consistently with eating healthy mine slowly started to decrease in size. I do not believe it is genetics bc my weight generally goes to my thighs glutes and buttocks regions.