T25 workout

Options
Hi,
Saw the T25 workout advertised the other day and it looks awesome!

For those of you that have either done it or are in the process of completing the course, I'd be interested to know your thoughts? Is it worth the money? Have you been able to achieve the results that are advertised?

Thanks
Nikki

Replies

• NikkiTompson
    NikkiTompson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for replying...Defo going to give it a go....what are the results like? I suffer a bit with workouts because I'm quite short and don't have too much to loose I tend to find others burn way more calories than me for the same amount of time and effort :( so I am hoping this workout gets your heart going and that I am able to burn at least 300 cals...
  • PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's a really good programme, combined with diet I have lost over 7kg (16lbs) in a month.

However I burn typically less than 300 calories and I would have thought with you not having too much to lose, 300 calories will be tough to achieve. Don't let that put you off T25 though.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Just finished Alpha today! I really love the program. I didn't lose that much weight, but I lost a lot of inches and I'm excited to see what will happen with Beta and Gamma rounds. I'm even considering doing another round. I generally burned around 300 calories (according to my hrm), but there are so many variables to that I don't want to say that you'll for sure burn that. Although if you put in a lot of effort, I bet you totally could. I love Shaun T too. He's a great motivator and always makes me smile. And Tania. She's the modifier and I follow her (bad knee, so jumping is a no no). I've found ways to make it more difficult even though I'm low impact though. I would say it's totally worth the price because you can really grow with it. I would get Gamma though. And make sure Core Speed (the bonus workout) is there. That's the best one (in my opinion so far). But you can't beat the time, the intensity, and the ability to not only customize it to your needs, but also to build from it. Very fun workout!
  • vbodyme
    vbodyme Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've done until Gamma and am currently doing a second round all over again combined with another program. Nothing beats having an instructor at home. I found a solution that accelerating my fitness results and will be sticking to it.

@NikkiTompson I messaged you with more info.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this but the price was a bit high...then I saw Ebay and Craigslist had it for 35.00-60 depending on what package...some came with everything, Made it a bit more attractive. I know when I bring newer exercise DVD's to the consignment shop, they fly off the shelves...nothing like benefiting from someone else's "time for a new program" or dislike of one.

I've gotten a few from Ebay that were a big savings and my wallet was very grateful.
  • FitFun76
    Options
    I've done 2 rounds of T25. It is a great non stop workout that goes by quickly. I am in the maintenance stage therefore did not change my calorie intake and did not lose any weight however did see some improvements in toning. T25 is great for beginners. I found it to be a touch slow coming from the Insanity program but it is still a good workout!
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing T25 and am loving it! I feel better and it's a great workout! I highly recommend it! I finished Insanity in October and I really enjoy T25. It's interesting, some parts even fun and it goes by fast! Shaun T is the man!
  • candacewoodburn
    Options
    I had a girl recommend T25 to me so I ordered it online. Don't buy the first one you find look around. I got mine for 79.99 no shipping which is a good deal compared to the other deals being offered. I have not received mine yet but I am looking forward to trying it.
  • debraran1
    Options
    I'm watching 2 on Ebay around 60...I usually don't like the auctions but am waiting to see if anyone bids as it' gets closer.
    Both seem to be well rated sellers.

So glad to hear people like it...I hope my ChaLean Extreme comes today so I can get to know that and later hopefully incorporate T-25.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm only on my second week, but I love it so far! It's just really kind of fun! I know that sounds lame but certain workouts I've dreaded in the past- not T25! The moves you do are fun and it's never too repetitive. Shaun T is the man in general; he's a great instructor and pumps you up. I don't have much weight to lose (5'7 134lbs) and if my HRM is reading correctly every workout I've burned between 300-400 calories if I put my max effort into it and push through! Plus, it's only 25 minutes. I know it's expensive, but I paid for convenience. I had stopped working out due to lack of time, so paying a bit extra to get me going again was worth it. =)
  • debraran1
    Options
    I received ChaLean and am liking it a lot...she is very motivating and so many levels you never feel like you are left out. I found T25 on Ebay for 68.00 and hopefully that will come early next week. Looking forward to combining them for a fresh workout. I will have my favorites on hand for a change on those days I need a break.
    Very happy I got 2 programs for the price of one...ChaLean just didn't have the band which I had already and T-25 is said to have it all...good seller, but we'll see.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my third round of Alpha - every other time I've become lazy after 4 weeks, but I hope to stick with it this time. It really is a fabulous workout, & I love Shaun T. I did a YouTube workout on my rest day this weekend & it drove me nuts - the instructor had no energy, we kept taking 15 second breaks for no particular reason, & I slacked off as a result. I'm trying to avoid the scale & focus on changes in my body - it's only been a week but things are definitely firming up, especially in my lower body.