Female: Heavy lifting before and after pics

Options

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Here's me about a year ago (left) and currently (right). Same weight, very different body composition! I'm at the end of a bulk so my bf% is a little higher than I'd like, but I'm pretty dang happy with the muscle gains!

rac0ew.png

Here's a comparison of the same photo on the left and after I'd finished my first cut:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1081300-i-ate-i-trained-i-progressed-w-pics The end weight is definitely lower, but it's a good example of how lifting can contribute to muscle retention during fat loss (which is mostly diet-based).

As for programs, I've been running All Pro's Beginner Routine this entire time. Still not bored with it, and I have a very short attention span! :laugh: Here's a link to a description of the program: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

Great arms and shoulders!!
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Excellent stuff ladies. :D
  • rexiecatmeow
    rexiecatmeow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics handy but lifting heavy (i started in june last year) was the BEST thing I could have ever done for my body. It was like the fat melted right off of my hips/thighs. Seeing my strength in #s go up on the iron was far more great than any loss on the scale. I did almost 2 full rounds of Chalean Extreme and then I ventured to the gym and now I lift 5 days a week focusing on individual muscle groups. The Jefit app is awesome too, and free.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    One year of change - 77.2kg to 61.1kg and around 42% to around 27% body fat.

January_2013-4_Progress_pictures.jpg

I did a PT machine programme from January to March. Stronglifts was my programme from April to December. Now I'm doing 5/3/1 with BBB.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    This is while I was still doing mainly cardio on the left and 2 months into lifting on the right. 2q23ds8.jpg

My profile pic and ticker show me about 2 months ago. I'm on a bulk right now so I'm a bit more muscly and flabby now!!
    I started eating 1600 now I'm on 3100 (for the bulk) tdee is about 2900 and I'm 5'11"
    I started with the new rules of lifting for women and am currently doing a 4 day upper lower power hypertrophy split!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This is while I was still doing mainly cardio on the left and 2 months into lifting on the right. 2q23ds8.jpg

My profile pic and ticker show me about 2 months ago. I'm on a bulk right now so I'm a bit more muscly and flabby now!!
    I started eating 1600 now I'm on 3100 (for the bulk) tdee is about 2900 and I'm 5'11"
    I started with the new rules of lifting for women and am currently doing a 4 day upper lower power hypertrophy split!
    So awesome!!!! :drinker:
  • MizPassion
    MizPassion Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You guys look hot! Did anyone follow NROLFW without a personal trainer?
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You guys look hot! Did anyone follow NROLFW without a personal trainer?

yip me. Just the book and a lot of youtube vids! But every now and again I did ask a trainer at the gym to look over my squats (took me ages to get right form!

And thanks cmeirun, you know I think you the coolest most awesome woman in the world :flowerforyou:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I started lifting summer 2012 using routines from The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises (I chose this over NROLW because of many reviews I had read). In November 2012 I started Stronglifts and ran that for about 7 month. Then I switched to some Nia Shanks Beautiful Badass for a bit. Switched focus to running for 12 week in the Summer of 2013 and then started on Strong Curves October 2013. I am about to start another Strong Curves program on Monday.

eOPBpFal.jpg
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    bump for the inspiration.

All you gals look awesome and strong.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Bumping to follow progress. I start weight lifting and then stop and then start and then stop. :grumble:

And as soon as I can start getting to the gym again (dang snow) I will be lifting again.
  • sauci
    sauci Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well impressed! lifting it is ! did you follow any particular diet/macros?
    bodyfat-2.jpg

On the left I was eating 1300ish calories and doing mostly cardio work (I had knee surgery followed by a broken collar bone so my activity was limited) My body fat was 30%. After lifting weights and getting serious into strength training, within five months I dropped my body fat to around 23% and ate an avg. of 2000 calories!! Same weight, smaller sizes.

Before I had my other knee operated on in late Dec. 2012, I was eating 2300 calories and avg. 20-21% body fat. I lifted heavy in the gym - full body 3x a week. I also did some endurance or yoga or other class type exercises 2x a week with 2 days rest. The scale had gone up, too. I was avg. 150lbs - but still in a size 6/8!!

Today I'm slowly getting back into my full routine and I love it! Strong in my own skin! *flexes* grrrr! lol
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    well done ladies, my wife is doing NROLW, it's a great program, I am doing it for the men of course! I like the diversity of the book and how it keeps evolving, as it should, the new books are great as well.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    NO lifting, all cardio:
    tZuN3RD.jpg

Stonglifts 5x5, almost no cardio:
    RSIlhS9.png

Just started calorie counting- hoping to get more defined abs. Theres two years between the pics but I'd say most the results were within the year.
  • Primeval_Princess
    Options
    bodyfat-2.jpg

love it!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Love it ladies! I lift heavy too if anyone wants to add me as a friend :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    NO lifting, all cardio:
    tZuN3RD.jpg

Stonglifts 5x5, almost no cardio:
    RSIlhS9.png

Just started calorie counting- hoping to get more defined abs. Theres two years between the pics but I'd say most the results were within the year.

What a difference! Nice butt! Congrats
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    April 2013
    A5D4ACE4-466E-49BD-85AE-7B4A01A463AE-252-000000382A0DC86B_zpsd21369f6.jpg

<<<<Yesterday

This is not an after because I will never stop lifting!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

What a difference! Nice butt! Congrats

Haha, thanks! Its definitly had the most improvement I think!
  • mscleo1115
    mscleo1115 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!