making time to workout

Options
Godsmonty
Godsmonty Posts: 105 Member
hi i'm new and so far so good

as a stay at home mom i nurse and clean up after my 1 1/2 year old. i have a hard time doing anything else for exercise

any advice for me on developing a schedule?

Replies

• Godsmonty
    Options
    hi i'm new and so far so good

as a stay at home mom i nurse and clean up after my 1 1/2 year old. i have a hard time doing anything else for exercise

any advice for me on developing a schedule?
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    THe only time I've found is after the little one is in bed! It stinks to work out so late, but that's all the time I can find.
  • Dmprbst
    Dmprbst Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your schedule is like but, My husband and I have worked out that after I'm done doing daycare, (for five boys) at five my husband comes home does some clean up I go to the Gym with one of his friends and he makes dinner for our son and myself and he does his work out either before he leaves or after me. I like to work out waaay before I go to bed. I get too wired if I work out late.
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ok..... I AM GOING TO SAY THIS AGAIN.... BUT.. I KNOW EVERYONE IS TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT IT.... I HAVE A TOTAL OF EIGHT CHILDREN.... 15 TO 6 MONTHS OLD....... AND I STILL FIND TIME TO EXCERSISE... EVERYDAY....... NOW THEY DO IT WITH ME.. THEY CANT WAIT TO FEEL ME SWEATING.... SOOOOO.... GET TO IT.... YOU CAN FIND TIME.. THEY ALL TAKE A NAP EVENTUALLY... AND IF THEY DONT... THEN MAYBE THEY NEED ON A SCHEDULE SO YOU CAN MAKE A SCHEDULE... i ALSO.. WORK PARTIME.. STILL DO ALL MYHOUSE CLEANING.. CAUSE IM A CLEAN FREAK.. I KEEP UP ON LAUNDRY.. AND DO ALL THE SHOPPING AND APPOINTMENTS.... SOOO COME PPL WHO ARE PARENTS... gettttttt movin.... and keep groovin... you only stay young.. if you feel young!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I use my kids as my workout partners! We do everything possible together (for better or worse...lol) But here is my list which I blog and update as we do new activities. I just want to keep me and my kiddos moving! I don't do normal workouts, but if chasing my kids and playing tag for 20 minutes can burn calories, why make it family time AND a calorie burning activity??? I know you can't do many of these due to your child's age, but it might trigger an idea...so here goes!

Kayaking

Water aerobics

Playing in the sand at the beach

Canoeing

Ripsticking

Running at the beach

Running on the road

Swimming at the beach

Swimming at the pool

Jogging in the pool

Mountain Biking

Biking on hills, dirt, and trails parks

Biking on bike paths along the beach

Boating

Playing tag at the beach

Fishing

Gardening

Mowing and other yard work

Jump roping

Walking on the road or trails in the woods

Picnic

Going to the water park

Playing at the park

Baseball

Soccer

Playing catch

Water balloon fights

Bubble slip and slide

Tag in the dark

Gymnastics in the yard

Laps around the house

Balloon float and catch
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have three kids and babysit two kids so I know what you mean! I workout during naptime and if it doesn't happen for some reason (and there is plenty of those) I suck it up and do it at night! You'll eventually find what works for you! :bigsmile:

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Godsmonty
    Options
    Thank you everyone! so far i usually eat during my daughter's nap. and her nap is not on a set schedule, basically I see she is sleepy and get her ready for a nap, anywhere between 10 am and 2 PM each day.

i have tried to do stroller walking each morning and playing at the playground each week. I am trying to add taking her to the pool twice a week.