Nutribullet recipes

Options
I just purchased a Nutribullet.
Does anyone have any recipes they can recomend?

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    The recipe book that comes with is a great help but I just make smoothies out of whatever I have on hand.

There is a recipe "my smoothie" on my recipes section on my profile(my foods are open so you should be able to view it) - I just edit it when I change the ingredients but it is yummy and very filling
  • angelajmrn
    angelajmrn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I bought one today too. Can't wait to get started and try new things. Wondering if anyone has ever put any dairy products in it like milk or yogurt?
  • bethanieblacksmith
    Options
    nutriliving has tons of great recipes! I looooove my nutribullet :)
  • fkilic
    fkilic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyone else use the Nutribullet for breakfast. I started doing oatmeal, kale, and a banana. Sometimes I sub spinach for kale.

I don't enjoy the taste too much, but ya know ... diet life.

Also, if anyone makes oatmeal drinks, do you turn the oatmeal into flour first or no?
  • 247Hustler
    247Hustler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just got a Nutribullet today and its awesome. Would love to hear any great suggestions.
  • lila1958
    lila1958 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use kale, some frozen berries, kiwi or banana. It's good with water but sometimes I use coconut water or carrot juice for the liquid. You can throw just about anything in there! Oh and pineapple, yum.
  • fkilic
    fkilic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use kale, some frozen berries, kiwi or banana. It's good with water but sometimes I use coconut water or carrot juice for the liquid. You can throw just about anything in there! Oh and pineapple, yum.
    For some reason, I cannot stand coconut water. What is the difference between frozen berries and nonfrozen berries.

For breakfast I do
    Oatmeal
    Banana
    water
    Kale

For Lunch I do
    Kale
    Spinach
    Banana
    Flax Seeds
    Chia Seeds
    Celery

if anyone has other suggestions, let me know
  • 247Hustler
    247Hustler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been trying the mean green juice with a modification I saw online .

2 celery stalks
    5oz Kale
    1/2 cucumber
    1 green apple
    1/4 lemon (With the skin)
    a lil bit of ginger
    8oz water
  • Areneholmes
    Areneholmes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for about a month now. I try to get in my shakes on each weekday that I go to school. I'm fruit fanatic...

Baby Spinach
    Strawberries
    Peaches
    Banana
    Avacado
    Blueberries
    Blackberries
    Raspberries
    Apples
    Pomagranate*
    Kiwi*

Those are the fruits I regularly have on hand to toss in there. The two with the asterix not as often, but still frequently enough.

I put a handful of Baby Spinach, then a few slices of one of the larger fruits, like apple, peaches, then 1/4-1/2 an avacado OR banana, fill almost to the line with a combination of some of the remaining fruits, most often it's almost all berries.

I add protein scoops (I use Ensure Protein Powder- Vanilla) for intense workout days, a scoop of Red Mill flax seed, then added enough water to bring the ingredients down to the blade when shaken. I blend that down and add some ice and blend it down until it's nice and smooth. I don't measure the water, but I'd say ice/water comes to between 6 and 8 ounces. The protein powder gives it a nice extra flavor, but isn't necessary to make it taste good. The Flax seed gives it texture, and I don't recommend it if you don't like slightly chewy texture in your shake.

Honestly when I first got my bulled I put all kinds of craziness in there to experiment. Get a few of your favorite things and put them in there, adjust quantities to taste. I also used a little bit of natural fruit juices at first to make them taste better, because I didn't have a recipe down that I really liked. The fruit juices I used were cran-grape and orange juice.

Enjoy your fancy new nutribullet!
  • Tracie524
    Tracie524 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've just experimented with mine...one I have been loving lately is 1 cup strawberries (frozen is ok), 1 banana, 3 or 4 tbsp of oats, 1 or 2 tsp ground flaxseed, 1 cup almond milk

You might look on pinterest too for smoothie recipes. I found some on there. I also love adding some lemon slices (rind and all) to some of my morning smoothies. It gives it a nice refreshing tang.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I just bought a nutri bullet online, can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks for the smoothie ideas.
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump