Busty Girls, Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    34GG, I'm wearing a Lunaire Coolmax sports bra. It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen but it fits well and I never have to worry about anything falling out.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    For those questioning why situps and crunches aren't working for me, when I lay flat on my back or even close my boobs like to come up out of the top of my bras. They jiggle too much, and in combo with my heart defect at the moment its a wee bit too much resistance occurring. I think when I get around 20 lbs lighter they might start to get easier, but at the moment I avoid them. Abdominal workouts are important to me though, because I want to banish the muffin top and sculpt. I don't want that whole 4 pack to six pack look or whatever when I reach my goal weight so much as I want it toned. I want to wear a tight shirt or form fitting dress and not have a bump. So I am still working on figuring out abdominal workouts that aren't complicated by my chest.

I really appreciate all the advice, happy to take all the help I can get.

You won't do that with "ab workouts". You cannot spot reduce.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in …for DD's and up!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I am a 44DDD or F as well. I swear by sport by Cacique. Yes, the Lane Bryant brand.

I am training for a triathlon and wear it while I swim as well, just so I'm used to the sensation (I know, weird, but we all have our training hangups). They have withstood the test of time and giant tatas. Screw Lululemon after their CEO's bullpuckey about their pants not being for fat girls. If their pants aren't for me, their bras aren't either.

The one that I use has underwire but it has never been an issue while I swim, bike, run, lift, box, etc. Good luck.
  • josimone1980
    Options
    Im a 40E and ive found that if a wear a normal bra (no wired) and a sports bra over the top works wonders when running etc.. the only problem is when lying down for sit ups they feel like the fall around my neck ha
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wear a sports bra over a regular bra. But I also have one of these....I like it way better than the much more expensive sports bras I bought at lane bryant

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KFZGGQ/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! 36 G here. The ultimate lock 'em down bra that I've found is the Enell Sport. All the busty gals at our horse barn use them for riding. Are they beautiful and sexy, NO, but they get the job done. The service people are awesome in helping you determine the correct size for you.
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was a DDD when I first started and all of my sports bras came from old navy. I love them. They have plus sizes online. Never had a black eye :p
  • mandybee75
    Options
    If you can afford an Enell, get one. It really is the best for keeping everything on lockdown. Moving Comfort also makes good sports bras. I think a good sports bra will solve a lot of the working out problems you mentioned.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34 DD. I have a great sports bra (I liked Moving Comfort, but I normally go for Champion because they have shorter straps) that I wear when doing my exercises and I do low-impact. I originally started doing this because high-impact was hurting my bad knee, but found that my boobs not bouncing around was another great plus. I still do my strength training exercises as best I can, even though the girls get in the way a lot. If I have to modify, I modify. But if I do, I make sure my modified form is absolutely PERFECT (which should be a focus anyways) and I go as slowly and as deeply into the exercise as I can so that I'm really working those muscles. The more I workout and try new things, the easier it's becoming to figure out or find modifications.

For the non-exercise stuff, I'm really into skincare. I try to make sure to eat a healthy diet, of course, and to drink lots of water. But I worked in the skincare industry for years, so I'm a bit of a princess when it comes to that, so it's not as if this is the only area I'm go a little overboard with. I'll just give the quick rundown, but if you are interested or have more questions, feel free to message me and I'll be happy to go into more detail with the recipes and such. I make all my own skincare, but you can easily do these things with whatever products you like. I do a massage in the shower with my exfoliating gloves, I add vitamin c to my body lotion in the morning, and use an oil at night. I wear a bra to bed (no underwire, ouch) and as well as a good one during the day. Once a week (sorry if this seems gross), I do an egg facial all over my face, neck, and chest. And of course, sunscreen is your best friend. I like the Alba Very Emollient because it doesn't leave an icky film, but is still a physical sunscreen rather than a chemical one.
  • VNJohnson
    VNJohnson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am DD and I run in Moving Comfort bras. You can find them on Amazon. They are magical!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    facial all over my face, neck, and chest.

Giggity.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    facial all over my face, neck, and chest.

Giggity.

Oh god, it didn't even register when I wrote it. Geez. :blushing:
  • nightshiftzoomer
    Options
    Emmmm I'm here cos I saw the word busty
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have an Enell bra that I loooooove. I can wear it running or to a high impact aero class and the girls do not move.
    Pricey, yes, but worth it.
  • Dgadd17
    Dgadd17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    40DDD here, and I've found two brands that work incredibly well. Enelle sports bras are soft cup, front-hook bras that keep the girls totally in check. Downside is, they don't give you a whole lot of shape. Personally, I don't care about their shape when I'm working out; I just care that they aren't bouncing into my face! lol The second brand is the Lane Bryant brand of Cacique. They have an underwire bra that is fabulous. It's comfortable, keeps the girls in check, and they actually look pretty good while I'm working out. The underwire honestly isn't a problem for me, because the cups are very soft and it's well-padded. Just my 2 cents.
  • mwill757
    Options
    I am a 40 DD...I usually wear a regular bra and sports bra. Yeah situps and pushups are a little easier when I wear two bras. Running is just terrible with a large chest. I usually stick to dancing, zumba, and fitness videos with low impact workouts.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38DD (large for my frame) and I swear by the athleta bras (I think the specific one is Moving Comfort). They have underwire, and they really strap you down. I never used to run but now I feel like I can do it without flopping all over the place.

I used to wear a regular bra with a sports bra on top. But I would get bad sores from places where the sports bra is too tight, and rubbed the regular bra on my skin. Boob sores are definitely not sexy.

I sort of have the crunch problem too. I try to balance it out with leg lifts and plank work. They are slightly different but work great!

Edited to add: I can actually play volleyball with just one bra on now. Jumping used to not be great. Now I don't even think about my boobs while working out.
  • Aubshmee
    Options
    I have the same problem with not being able to properly do situps -- so here's an exercise that imitates that except you're standing up that I learned from one of the workout videos I do! I'll try to explain it as best as I can since I'm new and not sure what the move is called. :smile:
    Stand up straight, spread your legs a bit, put your arms out and then bend inward at the elbows. Now bend your knees a little bit (or where ever you feel comfortable) and squeeze your abdominal muscles and crouch in. As you straighten your knees, pull your elbows back so that you're arching your back by the time your knees are straight. It's super important that you keep your arms up so that you're also working your arms (if mine start getting tired I put them behind my head as you would while doing a situp). If you bend and straighten your knees in sync with tightening your core and arching your back -- you're now imitating a sit up. :glasses:
    I hope I explained it well enough. :-S

I wish I could help you with everything else but alas I am also seeking the answer to those questions! Have a nice day! :flowerforyou: