I woke up one day and wanted to change my life

Options
Did that happen to you? I look out my window (I live next to a park) and see seniors, couples and parents pushing their kids in a stroller in one hand and walking a dog in another, and though "Damn if they can get up every day and go for a walk, I CAN too". So that's what I have started to do. I weigh 260 pounds, I'm 5'6 and 23 years old. I'm obese. I want to change that. I would love to meet people on here who are wanting to do the same, or have. I want motivation and would love to give motivation in return.

I would love to lose 100 pounds. But I'm in no rush. I want to passe myself so I can fully change myself. I'm here for a change in my life.

How about you?

Replies

• lauriemueller9
    Options
    Baby steps is exactly how I started. It is the best way to do this as far as I am concerned. It is the only way that works for me. I think motivation from friends is also a very good thing. I have sent a friend request. Anyone else can feel free to add me too.
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have tried rushing or moving to fast into things and it never seems to work for me. So I'm just going to remember that if I fall I just get back up. Keep going and never stop.
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think the same thing! I have added you
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    Thank you Dawn!
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I woke up one morning in tears feeling like nothing would ever work. I knew I just wasn't trying hard enough, half-a**ed logging, just doing a little bit of cardio. I thought maybe my only options were going to be the VLCD or WLS and I was just so depressed one day thinking that that was it. So I told my husband, I'm going to try this one more time on my own. Because I can't keep waking up feeling like this every day. And then I did. And that was at the beginning of June.
  • Lizvaughan72
    Lizvaughan72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This thread has really struck a chord with me. For most of my adult life I have been overweight and now in my early 40's and in the obese category I decided it was time to make a change for good. Logging my daily calories has helped me so much and by exercising 3-4 times a week my increased activity has helped achieve a steady weight loss. It's early days for me as I'm about 6 weeks in but I feel motivated and positive and very aware that this is a lifelong journey and not a quick fix. Let's do this together.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Keep that attitude and you will go far! You can do it!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I woke up one morning in hospital with a heart monitor on. I decided to change my life and I did for a while and it slipped. I could see the warning signs and I realised that although I had really wanted to change my life when I was kept awake for a couple more nights with the hospital bleepers going off every 20 seconds I hadn't decided what I wanted to change it into. The fear of being disabled or dead in the next couple of years made me decide change my life again - this time I worked as much as finding what I wanted to be as much as just changing from what I didn't want to be. I am now a fledgling triathlete. My first race in April. Being a triethlete may not be everyone's idea of heaven but it is mine and it is better than being so fat I can't want half a mile without panting or ....being dead :-) I would really advise everyone to have a good think about what you are going to be when you arrive at the end of your journey. This will really help you get there and make sure you move past the finish line and on to better things rather than fall off half way through or just walk back to the start line again when you arrive :-) My experience is that I CAN BE the person at what I thought of as the end NOW. I think I am living the type of life now I will when my weight stabilises and health wise it is great :-) Good luck everyone.
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    Wow such touching stories. Thank you everyone!
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I woke up one morning in late November and couldn't feel my toes. A couple weeks later I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I met with a diabetes educator who, amongst other things, told me about MFP. I knew I had to make a dramatic change or risk not being able to feel my feet at all.

I joined here a couple of days later, changed to a reduced carb diet as instructed and started riding my stationary bike that had been stationary for far too long. Within a week, I could feel my toes again. :) It's been about 6 weeks, and I'm 22 lbs lighter already, but the true test with be the blood work scheduled for early March.