Insanity buddies?

Options

Replies

• 37wallflower73
    Options
    Hello everyone! :)

I am new to My Fitness Pal, and I'm hoping to find a few online friends and form a support group of some sort! I just started Insanity the other day, and it's brutal. I am wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as I am? I would love to hear from other people who are doing or have done this program! I am not confident in my ability to see this through right now :(

A little bit about me, I am 22 years old and currently 145 lbs. I weighed 160 lbs for years, all throughout high school, and no matter what I did, the weight just wouldn't come off. I was sad and depressed a lot, and I hated to show my body so I wore a lot of baggy t-shirts that made me look bigger than I was. Eventually, I got a job as a waitress, started running a bit, and began eating healthier. Before I knew it, I had lost 20 lbs! Then, I switched careers, and have gained a bit back. I am no longer active in my job, instead I sit in a truck for 10+ hours a day. I don't want to go back to the way I was, instead, I want to aim for 130lbs!!! (120 lbs would be my ideal, but I am taking it slowly) Anyone else with me here? XD

sent you a friend request - i found this motivating! x

Thanks for the add! I didn't realize I could be motivational lol :)
  • 37wallflower73
    Options
    I added you all, thank you for replying!
  • kieferz
    kieferz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How can I estimate how many calories burned with sanity check?
  • khemmyusa12
    khemmyusa12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep. I tried it before for like 2 weeks and believe me, I saw the difference but I stopped. I staryed again and on day 3. Yaaaay
  • khemmyusa12
    khemmyusa12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I usually use my portable pedometer. It tells me the total steps I took and c8nverts to calories burned
  • GiLow
    GiLow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will start insanity on Monday and I feel unconfident about doing it without quitting. Because i KNOW i can do this and i don't wannt to quit.
    I would love to make some friends who could support and encourage me. Feel free to add. :)

I'm 20 from germany :)
  • kieferz
    Options
    Day 1 of Sanity Check... I threw up my breakfast and had to pause for my exercise inhaler. I had to stop about 10 seconds before the end of each work out. I had to sit almost one while circuit out. My suicides and one other workout was sloppy as i don't quite know how to do it yet and BUT I picked it back up and finished (barely). I'm shaking from head to toe and thoroughly enjoying my after workout chocolate milk. Tomorrow will be better, sorer but better.
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am doing Insanity to.
    Actually I only have 2 more weeks to finish the program. I loved and love the program. And definitely saw a lot of changes in my body. But stil there are times during the workout that I have to take a rest because I can't do some of the things as they do (like push-ups...). And now that I am about to finish there are times that I feel a bit discourage by that.

Does any of you feel the same sometimes? I know that things don't happen overnight, but I can't stop feel frustated for not being in the best shape :(

If you (safely) pushed yourself as hard as you can, then you are a success! At the end I still couldn't to everything for the day,
    but I was doing more than I did the first week, was stronger, and felt and looked better. That's your payoff!
  • kieferz
    Options
    Yay! We have a small little support group of happy sweaty determined people. :) happy days are here to stay!
  • TommyBowman86
    TommyBowman86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started the program towards the end of last year and lost a massive 15lbs by the end of month 1 but rolled my ankle (be warned, badly worn shoes and uneven surfaces don't get on lol) on my last session badly tearing the ligaments. It's been nearly 3 months now and after a few practice sessions I'm eager to start over, the ankle still feels a bit tender but have full movment back and and a support strap so should be fine. Starting with the fit test tomorrow.
  • TommyBowman86
    TommyBowman86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How can I estimate how many calories burned with sanity check?

I'd advise you get yourself a half decent heart rate monitor which will give you a more acurate calorie burn for each session.
  • ArmyWifePagano
    ArmyWifePagano Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity and did my 2nd workout today. My husband even joined me today for support and he was winded. He said the workout is harder than what they do for training in the military [he's active currently]. We both ended up flicking off Shaun T., LOL. Either way, though, to answer your question...when they're doing [for example] push-ups...I am not at the point of doing those on the floor yet, so I put my hands on a wall and do wall push-ups! It might not be as hardcore, but it's still moving and working out. :) If there is a part of the work out that doesn't work for you right now, replace it with another exercise that you do know until you're able to do what they're doing. Don't get discouraged...you can do it!
  • ArmyWifePagano
    ArmyWifePagano Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The important part is that you took breaks/rests when needed [that important] and you did not give up. For that you are winning!
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of Insanity, but am definitely intrigued now!
  • syemon
    syemon Posts: 50
    Options
    mee too...... good luck
  • nielsenjl
    nielsenjl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Insanity works!!!! I like Insanity because it is a 60 day program rather than the P90X 90 day program. Short term goals to reach the long term!

Start and if you forget a day, just keep moving on and don't think about the missed day.

I am starting week 2 next week. Anyone feel free to add me if you would like. My pictures on my MFP profile has my before and after for my Insanity results. I am starting again because i enjoyed my Holiday too much! Not much weight to lose, but enough, that the new clothes I bought are starting to get snug!

Good luck to all of you!
  • 37wallflower73
    Options
    I just bought myself a heart rate monitor today, and was shocked that it said 190 bpm during the workouts??? I don't know how much I should be doing with insanity, but my max heart rate should be 198. Either way, I'm feelin it lol. Thanks for the great advice everyone!
  • alisamariefitness
    Options
    Insanity is AWESOME! I thought it'd be "easy" because before I did it I also did Turbofire and P90X but nope… it was still brutal! But its fun and fast paced and I really enjoyed it.
  • karch123
    Options
    I also started insanity recently. Would love some support! Please add me if you like. Thanks :)
  • coach_kathy_loop
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Fire on and off for a while, started the 5 day inferno today. Started tracking food today too, please message me if you're doing turbo fire and have seen any results. i'm 10 pounds down since i started to eat healthier, but more to go!