To MFP Losers

Options
Please dont get offended.What I meant to was all the MFP who have lost the most weight. I need your advice.

Should we our eat the calories when we work out?
You guys have done something right perhaps some of us are missing(or in my case to lazy to do) IDK
Please share your advice. How did you do it?

Replies

• littleluvbug
    littleluvbug Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You need to make sure you are eating at LEAST 1200 calories a day, your body will not drop weight if you drop below that. I usually ate at least half of my workout calories, if not all of them. The key for me was keeping a deficit. Don't put your body in starvation mode. That will be what makes you gain weight and then ultimately frustrate you.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I eat around half the work out calories back.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You have to do what works for you. There is no blanket answer because different approaches work for different people.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. I usually eat about half of my workout calories, still keeping a deficit.
  • Chelsey8D
    Options
    What has always worked best for me is simply to eat when you are hungry. Not all body types can follow an exact set of rules since everyone is different. Some days I eat all my workout calories back. Some days I don't meet my 1200 calories.
    I once read this on a blog, and it has helped me immensely with when and how much to eat:
    "Picture a large green salad. If this seems appetizing and you are still hungry, you are indeed experiencing hunger. If not, you're having a craving."

Good luck!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I do not eat back my exercise calories, and I'm at the gym six nights a week.

If I feel like eating some back ... I'll eat some. But I don't make it practice out of it.

I try to stick to my 1,500 calories per day.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You should do what works best for you....and the only way to know that is to try different things. I do not eat my exercise calories. I also rarely reach 1200 calories/day (though today, I did). The foods that I tend to eat are high in fiber and/or protein and are very filling (lots of black beans, brown rice, eggs, and homemade bread).
  • FlashBang
    Options
    I eat about half. Do not trust all the big numbers I get from calories burned. I try to eat 1000 - 1200 on non work out days and around 1500 on workout days. If I eat more or less I don't sweat it too much but I keep a deficit whatever I eat.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I eat about half of my exercise calories.
    I always eat over 1200 calories a day.
    I drink a lot of water.
    I don't drink fruit juices, I eat fruit.
    I exercise six days a week.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Please dont get offended.What I meant to was all the MFP who have lost the most weight. I need your advice.

Should we our eat the calories when we work out?
    You guys have done something right perhaps some of us are missing(or in my case to lazy to do) IDK
    Please share your advice. How did you do it?

It's up to you. Do you want to lose a healthy amount of weight (2lbs a week) or do you want to lose more (possibly unhealthy for you)? If you want to lose more then, no, do not eat your exercise calories. If you want to lose 2lbs a week then sure have at it.

Anyone that says you will not lose weight if you are under 1200 calories isn't just wrong; they are completely ignorant.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for all your great post.
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat about half. Sometimes more. It depends if I am hungry or not.