Digital or analog scale?

Options
I have a scale issue. I have 2 scales at home and not sure which one I should trust. Of course the digital one is super easy but I have had it FOREVER. I'm worried it isn't accurate. The analog is not big and I have a really hard time distinguishing which little line the needle is one. AND to throw me really off, my Dr.'s scale never agrees with my scale (both digital). Any advice?

Oh, and, I measure myself every two weeks as a more accurate gauge but I like seeing #s on the scale for motivation.

Replies

• _jessicamarie_
    _jessicamarie_ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting a weight on the scales to see what they say?

Do you move the digital one around a lot? I used to have one that I had to prop up behind a cabinet for storage and pull out when I wanted it, and it had to recalibrate itself every time and varied several pounds based on where on the floor I put it. Now I have a smaller digital one I can keep in place on the floor, and at least I know the changing level of the floor is one variable taken out of the equation.

The doctor's scale will probably never say the exact same as the bathroom scale, since you'll be weighing at varying times of day with clothes and shoes on.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    True story - I've seen 2 scales set up right next to each other be off by 10 pounds. Next time you are at the doctor's office, weigh there and then go back and weigh at home right away or as someone suggested, put something of known weight on the scale and see how it reads.
  • queenveef
    queenveef Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have an analog scale and am so frustrated with it!! It just isn't doing anything for me, especially when your motivation rests on you losing a pound or two. I can step on it and lose 3-4 lbs jump off and get right back on and the weight will then read that I'm heavier by 2-3 pounds!! So annoying :-(

I plan on purchasing a digital scale as soon as I can!!