How do I go from this to that? Pictures

Options
Hello everyone.

I've kinda been on a weight weight journey for the past few months. I'm almost 20 years old and I'm trying to lose fat, chubby areas of my body. Like my sides (love handles), ponch, upper arms. I wouldn't say I have a weight problem, but I used to be much slimmer. I'm guessing it's a mix of freshmen 15 + bad control over food (I end up eating when Im not even hungry).

I'm posting some pictures down here. Any help/suggestions is welcome!!!!!

This is how I am now:

photo5_zps246e92bf.jpg.html

photo6_zps3759a0ca.jpg.html

photo7_zps5500cd80.jpg.html

And this is where I want to be:

large.jpg

large.jpg

tumblr_lmvem8Jda01qe11dko1_500_large.jpg

What can I do food wise and exercise wise?

Thanks in advance:)

PS - if you cant see the pictures i posted in the beginning, right click and click open in a new tab, :)

Replies

• rk_19
    rk_19 Posts: 92
    Options
    Bump:)
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This post pretty much sums up everything you want: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach TL;DR: eat the right amount and strength train.

I think it's also worth bearing in mind that those girls probably don't look like that all the time. This is particularly interesting: http://asklaurenfleshman.com/2013/11/keeping-it-real/

Good luck!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I would encourage reading the links people posted and all the links within the Sexypants thread. Follow that advice and ask questions if you have them!

Also, please realize that the girls you want to look like are most likely airbrushed and/or photoshopped. It's common for professional/magazine shots to have someone go in and smooth out any uneven skin, fill in too-skinny rib areas, and pull in the waist and fill out the chest area, as well as giving more of a thigh gap.

I don't want to discourage you from working out and trying to improve your health and feel good about how you look. Do all of that. Read the threads and follow the advice. But don't set yourself up for disappointment by aiming for a look that doesn't happen without the post-production whiz's help. Also remember genetics will play something of a role - some women are hourglass shape, but many women aren't and losing weight won't change that; thigh gap has more to do with the bone structure of the pelvis and thighs than it does with being an ideal weight.

Aim for your body's version of perfect - the best you can be, while being healthy and strong - not what the media tends to portray as "ideal"

:happy:
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You are 20 and your body is changing from teenager to woman shape. You will need to get used to your new curves, as you will never look like you did when you were 15 again.

That doesn't mean you should let yourself go. It doesn't sound like you are overweight. I would recommend googling TDEE and eating slightly below the calculation (like 100 calories or so) and do resistance training/lifting. Google body recomposition.

While you can't stop your body from becoming more feminine (hips getting wider etc.), you can help shape it!

Good luck xx
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i cant see your pictures!!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    what size do u wear? U don't look big to me. Don't lose to much. U can transform with weights.....
  • SadieHamilton
    Options
    I've been having the same problem, at one point I did a lot of 30 day shred and it toned me, that with 10 minutes of running a day, and work your way up to more time.
  • rk_19
    Options
    i cant see your pictures!!

Right click and click on open in a new tab :)
  • rk_19
    Options
    what size do u wear? U don't look big to me. Don't lose to much. U can transform with weights.....

UK size 8. I look fine IN clothes but I want to look good in a bikini for the summer! :)
  • rk_19
    Options
    I've been having the same problem, at one point I did a lot of 30 day shred and it toned me, that with 10 minutes of running a day, and work your way up to more time.

Did that work for you? Or did you do that before you had the same problem as me?
  • SadieHamilton
    Options
    It worked for me, but I stopped. Thats why I'm on this site so I can keep myself motivated.
  • rk_19
    Options
    You are 20 and your body is changing from teenager to woman shape. You will need to get used to your new curves, as you will never look like you did when you were 15 again.

That doesn't mean you should let yourself go. It doesn't sound like you are overweight. I would recommend googling TDEE and eating slightly below the calculation (like 100 calories or so) and do resistance training/lifting. Google body recomposition.

While you can't stop your body from becoming more feminine (hips getting wider etc.), you can help shape it!

Good luck xx

I agree with you. I like my curve/overall shape, I just want to lose the extra unnecessary fat in these problem areas like sides, upper arms etc.. Im not overweight I know, but I want to prevent myself from ever going there and having the best body possible for ME :)
  • rk_19
    Options
    It worked for me, but I stopped. Thats why I'm on this site so I can keep myself motivated.

Aaaah, it's frustrating because you get to your goal....and then you gotta maintain it... :/
  • rk_19
    Options
    Thank you everyone who replied to this :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I can't see your "how I look picture"
    There is no x, there is nothing to "right click on"

But all those women are toned, that's weight lighting.
  • girlyfied
    girlyfied Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eating right will help. Weight training is one if the greatest creations ever. When done correctly, it will change your body like nothing else. Also, be consistent. Just do the same few things most days.
  • rk_19
    Options
    Eating right will help. Weight training is one if the greatest creations ever. When done correctly, it will change your body like nothing else. Also, be consistent. Just do the same few things most days.

Thanks! What do you mean do the same few things most days? In reference to weights?
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Ah ha we're a similar shape. HEAVY weight lifting. Like with a squat rack, stuff... apparently gets you that tone mid section.