Healthy Snack Swaps, Any Ideas?

I am looking for some yummy ways to switch up my afternoon snack attack foods. Before I started trying to lose weight I would reach for chips and cottage cheese, cheeze-its, or cookies. I have turned now to fruits (apple or banana), fruit smoothie sometimes, and/or a cup of light n fit greek yogurt with chopped almonds, but it just doesn't seem to curb the cravings when I eat the same snacks every day. I would appreciate any suggestions MFPers have for quick and convenient healthy snacks.

Replies

• LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    I eat Cottage cheese, almonds, greek yogurt, fruits, cheese, toast with peanut butter, English muffin w/butter, popcorn.
    The high calorie things like peanut butter I only use 1 tsp. if you are in a sweet mood you can add 1/2 banana sliced and 1tbl chocolate chips to the toast, yum.

I use the 2% or whole milk versions of the dairy because it tastes better has less added sugar and keeps me fuller longer.
    If you are running low on calories for the day try drinking tea too! If helps break the snacking just to snack habit.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Thanks for the ideas LexiMelo. Popcorn or toast with those toppings would be good too. I will have to try drinking some teas and drinking water before I give into cravings.
  • bibeta
    bibeta Posts: 1
    Once or twice a week I splurge on an organic hot dog (110 cal) and a slice of whole wheat light bread (40), mustard and a bit of ketchup are all I need. Satisfies my salty cravings
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Wraps you can do a variety of things

I buy low calorie wraps with lower carbs run abt 90-100 for a 10in

Fillings:
    1/5th avocado spreaded across the wrap shredded lettuce or romaine season grilled or baked chicken cheese of choice and you can add turkey bacon if you like dont need any dressing or sauce since avocado gives it a nice taste but you can add in moderation

Also:
    Tuna mixed with avocado roasted red peppers if you like them onions black pepper mustard a tbs of mayo of choice you may add lemon juice of you like mix it together use as filling with greens of your choice

I also use ground turkey or ground beef lean I they have it with fat free pinto beans or low sodium black beans (I tend to blend the beans for it to serve as my spread) with sautéed green peppers onions red peppers and mushrooms and add lettuce if I want it to have a fuller look I turn this more into a burrito if you need extra calories or need to meet micros you may add cheese, cottage cheese , greek yogurt or chicken for protein and avocado , peanut butter for healthy fats and brown rice quinoa for carbs
  • DJ478
    Lol oops sorry for some reason I read wraps somewhere

Ok correcting myself snacks

String cheese
    Raw nuts (1 oz)
    Greek yogurt cans add fruit even turn it into a smoothie
    Fruit with cottage cheese
    Cottage cheese on toast or on the side and have 1tbs of peanut butter with toast
    Sliced apple and 1tbs Nutella or peanut butter
    String cheese rolled in 1-2 serving of turkey ( I usually split my sting cheese in 4 and roll it up in the turkey) if you have calories add avocado
    Celery sticks and peanut butter
    Peanut on rice cakes
    Banana freeze about 1-2 hrs purée it few seconds gives a little ice cream consistency if needed add a little bit of water I true this a few days ago
  • monietrojan
    monietrojan Posts: 45 Member
    Green juice
    Pretzels
  • DJ478
    I also have a tuna salad as a snack runs abt 150 calories and sometimes add greens and have a glass of water with my snacks
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter with 2 tbsp of greek yogurt and a tsp or more of cinnamon. Great with apples or celery, my son even likes it with carrots. For a little extra you can put in a small amount of the mini chocolate chips.
  • monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    Here are some of my favorites...

light ice cream only 100 calories
    fruit roll up mini's 45 calories
    fiber one chocolate chip bar 120 calories
    16 mini pretzels 100 calories
    clemintine 45 calories
    croutons 15 calories for 2 tablespoons
    light popcorn

Hope this helps