3 weeks in only 3lbs :(

Options
I've been very good sticking to diet religously thanks to MFP but weight loss is really slow. Any tips??

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is great progress! It's also NORMAL and HEALTHY progress.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much fat you have to lose...but as an average 1lb per week is pretty good. Sure some people may lose more but others lose less...but as long as its a consistent downward trend its all good.

If you don't have a lot of weight to lose 1lb per week is great.

Other than that there isn't much information for people to give you tips...it may be beneficial for you to share some info about yourself.

Height, weight, goal weight, exercise, meal plan, calories allocated, calories actually eaten, any medical conditions.
  • rozza54
    Options
    Hi MFP's

Thank you for replying. I've got a long way to go some 4st. Weight gain due to medical condition, which is under control now. I'm 5' 6" and turn 40 in December '14, eeep! This weight has been over 4 years and I am trying now to lose it all. I've been watching programmes lilt The Biggest Loser and seen how they lose in the first few weeks and guess I thought I would achieve those numbers. But 1lb a week is good you're right. gotta keep on. Put things into perspective :) Thanks again guys

I'm on 1200 cals a day, 4 meals a day, which are balanced and v healthy, gym 4x a weeks
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think that is a great start. It took me 3 weeks to lose my first pound. I stuck with it and hit my goal weight.
    You can do this! Don't get discouraged. Good things come slow : )
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Stick with it...
    as others have said, if you can hit 1 lb a week that is good....
    May not be what you wanted, but it is steady, and it is dropping.
    These are good things.

In 1 month, that is 4 lbs.
    2 months, you are looking around 8 lbs.....

Hang in there
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to measure your inches. You might be making more progress than the scale will tell you
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I've been very good sticking to diet religously thanks to MFP but weight loss is really slow. Any tips??

Open your diary for suggestions.
  • mandiy74
    Options
    You're doing great, a lb a week is what healthy weight loss is suppose to be, and as a female at our age (not that we're old) one lb is hard to come by. The biggest looser isn't a good reference to go by or for me a good motivator, look at all the help they get not to mention no other life issues to deal with. You're doing a great job and doing it the right way, way to go!!! Be proud. :)
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    A pound per week is really good! I lose a lot slower than that! Remember over a few months it will really add up :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    a pound a week is an average loss. won't happen overnight
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    I started losing very slowly, but I kept with my calorie limit and exercised and now I am losing more The first two weeks were depressing, but now I am losing two pounds a week. I do a lot of aerobics because I love it. I will just stick with the program and the weight fast or slow will come off.
  • MaegK
    MaegK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found that I need to consume more fat (healthy like avocado and walnuts), than MFP recommends. It helps me loose weight much faster, than trying to go low fat.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is great!

I think shows like biggest loser give folks unrealistic expectations for how fast we should be losing.
    (I also read an article some time back about how many of the contestant gain back their weight.)
  • nwingr
    nwingr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    " I've been watching programmes lilt The Biggest Loser and seen how they lose in the first few weeks and guess I thought I would achieve those numbers. "

Don't go by the Biggest Loser, remember that is a TV show. To lose weight that fast I have to think there are some unhealthy methods there.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I've been watching programmes lilt The Biggest Loser and seen how they lose in the first few weeks and guess I thought I would achieve those numbers.
    the Biggest Loser is not reality. Their "week" lasts more like 10-14 days. They stop drinking water 24 hours before each weight in to dehydrate and weight less. They are bullied into exercise even when staff doctors determine they are injured. they work out for more hours a day than people who aren't at a weight loss retreat have the time/energy for. they are under constant supervision. many of the contestants claim that they came out of there with eating disorders they didn't have before.

I've only watched one episode...the challenge that episode involved being in a room with the lights out and a table of high calorie food in front of eat contestant. in order to win, you had to eat MORE CALORIES THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE TIME GIVEN!!!!! and the reward??? an extra 2 pounds counted towards your weight loss for the next weight in. that's ****!ng crazy.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

um, that's exactly what you should expect in 3 weeks.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I lost weight really quickly to begin with and now my skin be nasty. Have patience and do it slow and steady if only for the sake of avoiding that!
  • rozza54
    Options
    OK OK OK thank you everyone for making me see sense. I know now that what I'm doing is right and it's a normal weight loss. It's good you guys gave a cyber kick-up-the-butt coz I guess this would have been the start of me reaching for the chocolates and pies. So massive thanks!!!

really appreciate it :) x
  • chaelynne
    chaelynne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are doing very good. Sure seems like the weight comes on a lot faster than it loses, doesn't it?