Any Nutri bullet users out there ??

Options
I was sucked into buying it after watching the infomercial. I make a smoothie every morning but have never added anything besides fruit, yogurt, almond milk and protein powder.. Anyone have experience with one of these??? Would appreciate the knowledge
Thanks

Replies

• jacqueinhutto
    jacqueinhutto Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about those too. I have the larger model but it makes more of icees and not smoothies. My daughter uses it in the morning and takes it with her to school. Does the smaller version make it any creamier or is it icy? Just curious.
  • Suzibluski
    Suzibluski Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten it yet just ordered a couple of days ago. I will let you know when I try it
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I make a green smoothie very often. I add my favored fruit, yogurt, water, a tiny bit of coconut oil and a little bit of greens.

Baby Spinach is so easy to hide, just start out with a little and eventually you can incorporate more as you get used to the taste.

Kale, I still have not mastered hiding kale. Its just sooooooo strong. Romaine without the stems is pretty easy to hide but not as easy as baby spinach.

Other than that I use it for lots of other things too. For instance, I use it as a spice blender (it comes with a milling blade). I also use it to make my "healthy" pancake mix. Which is 1 banana, one egg, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and some vanilla extract to taste.

I also use it to make sherbert. :)
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I make a green smoothie very often. I add my favored fruit, yogurt, water, a tiny bit of coconut oil and a little bit of greens.

Baby Spinach is so easy to hide, just start out with a little and eventually you can incorporate more as you get used to the taste.

Kale, I still have not mastered hiding kale. Its just sooooooo strong. Romaine without the stems is pretty easy to hide but not as easy as baby spinach.

Other than that I use it for lots of other things too. For instance, I use it as a spice blender (it comes with a milling blade). I also use it to make my "healthy" pancake mix. Which is 1 banana, one egg, 1/2 tsp of baking powder and some vanilla extract to taste.

Baby Kale isn't as strong tasting thats what I buy

Other things I add:
    flax seed
    hemp seed
    flax oil
    any fruit
    coconut water

My basic recipe is in my recipes on my page I just edit it when I change things up (usually the fruit changes but everything else generally stays the same)

Mine came with a recipe book (which I stupidly loaned to someone and never got back) but it had recipes for some soups also.
  • Suzibluski
    Options
    I can't see your recipes.. But I will definitely try the baby kale that is kind of why I got it so I can add some veggies to my smooth.. have you ever tried broccoli or anything like that?
  • knra_grl
    Options
    I can't see your recipes.. But I will definitely try the baby kale that is kind of why I got it so I can add some veggies to my smooth.. have you ever tried broccoli or anything like that?

hmm that's wierd I have an open diary I just assumed people could look at the recipes also...sorry

This is what i put in this morning:

100 g fresh orange (the weight after I peeled it)
    100 g fresh pineapple
    30 g raspberries
    1/2 tblsp flax seed
    1/2 tblsp hemp hearts
    35 g protein powder (vanilla)
    20 g baby kale
    30 g baby spinach
    1 cup coconut milk

in hind sight I should have added some ice - I don't usually because I usually add frozen berries but everything was fresh today
  • JECole2013
    JECole2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was sucked into buying it after watching the infomercial. I make a smoothie every morning but have never added anything besides fruit, yogurt, almond milk and protein powder.. Anyone have experience with one of these??? Would appreciate the knowledge
    Thanks
    I use mine every morning ... better than juicing because you keep the fiber, or so I am told.
    My favorite recipe is:
    Protein powder, vanilla (there is a great brand ... can't think of the name right now that has most daily vitamins, 15 g of protein and stevia instead of sugar.
    Frozen strawberries
    Frozen spinach or broccoli
    yogurt
    Frozen blueberries
    Fresh Kale 92 cups)

Really good and good for you.

Try combinations of apples, carrots, tomatoes, celery,
    banana, mango, oranges, limes

And so on .. really anything ...

have fun!
  • knra_grl
    Options
    I was wondering about those too. I have the larger model but it makes more of icees and not smoothies. My daughter uses it in the morning and takes it with her to school. Does the smaller version make it any creamier or is it icy? Just curious.

no need for ice if you use frozen fruit - its cold enough - if everything is fresh the ice just makes it colder and more appetizing
  • Suzibluski
    Options
    OH wow that is a lot more then I would of thought. I bet it is very filling!! Thank you
  • Suzibluski
    Options
    Hey thanks a lot!!
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    I just got mine this week. I make a breakfast bullet from almond milk, spinach, banana, strawberry, blueberry and a tbsp. of sunbutter. It's 369 calories. I also made guacamole from their recipe that was really good. I'm hoping to make almond milk and nutbutter as well. There are a lot of recipes on you tube, they show making ketchup, oatflour, almond milk, and much more.
  • melbishopok
    melbishopok Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I purchased mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond on Jan 4th - I absolutely, positively LOVE it! I wasn't eating a lot of fruits/veggies and now I am getting all the nutrients I was missing out on. I have found that it gives me energy and I no longer have much of a sugar craving. I don' t know if it's because I am getting so much natural sugar? Anyway, I have finally kicked my soda habit. I used to have 2 diet cokes per day - since I got the nutribullet I haven't had any. It feels so good to kick that habit!!! I have to say my favorite smoothie so far is baby spinach, frozen blueberries, frozen pineapple, vanilla yogurt & some flaxseed. I am still experimenting but I really love the taste of that combination. I have made some green ones too - possibilities are endless! I think you will really enjoy yours!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

I add a little piece of ginger root when I make my green drinks (kale, celery, cucumbers, apple & pear).
  • knra_grl
    Options
    OH wow that is a lot more then I would of thought. I bet it is very filling!! Thank you

Smoothies are quite filling and I usually replace breakfast or lunch with them as it is kind of high calorie (just under 400 cals) that's why I like to vary the ingredients and make sure I put something green in it :)

Enjoy your nutribullet and experiment with things.

I do use yogurt sometimes but I find that I like them a little more "liquid" which is why I use the coconut water ;)
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have a nutra bullet and have loved it. I actually burned out the motors while making some ice cream in it, got it replaced with no problem. Don't know what your diet is so I won't take time telling you all the ways I make mine. I would look through the recipes that came with it. there are some great options in there. DO NOT put ice in your smoothies or they will be icy. Frozen fruit works great, a little yogurt makes it creamier, I even add some cottage cheese as an alternative to the yogurt. I have milled oats into oat flour, made peanut butter and almond butter, fresh salsa, tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes, gazpacho and on and on. I put my blender away years ago, this takes up way less space and always gets the job done for me. Love the screw on handles too. Happy experimenting!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every morning... 1 scoop of Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle, 1/2 scoop of Big Train Fit Frappe Mocha protein powder, 8 ounces light soy milk, 5 ice cubes, 1 teaspoon stevia, 1 Tablespoon sugar free chocolate fudge pudding mix. 265 calories and 40 grams of protein.

I've added spinach leaves and can't even taste it. I've also added gelled chia seeds. I keep forgetting to refill the freezer with frozen fruit. I like almost all of the fruits available except for mango (yuck, I can taste that nasty fruit in anything it is snuck into). Also, blackberries have LOTS of seeds, which means you'll have to floss after drinking your shake. (Seriously!) I also like to buy bananas, slice them up, freeze each sliced banana in a snack size bag. If I am using fruit, I don't add ice.
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've had mine a little over a year a we still use it daily. I have so many favorite recipes. Today I had an oatmeal smoothie for breakfast. I use it to make a ton of stuff.... soup, sauces, guac, salsa. I can't say enough good things about it!
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just use my blender but I have heard good things about the nutri bullet. Try a sweet spinach smoothie. I hate spinach and they are yummy. I have posted it on my blog.
    Thanks
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I have a nutri bullet also. Bump for recipes.
  • Cozumel2014
    Cozumel2014 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I loved mine!!!

I found it hard during the week to get everything done and leave for work on time. didn't like making my shake at night.

My solution - I make ice cubes! (99 cent store for extra trays) I have green cubes, berry cubes and tropical (pineapple, banana, papaya etc) cubes... I can work several different variations... 3 green, 1 berry, 1 topical... 3 berry, 3 green etc. I can also control the size this way. Cubes also help with - no waste - get it fresh on the weekend, blend at once for no surprises. I always use coconut water, flax oil, Cinnamon, fresh ginger and turmeric root. I start the coffee pot, put the cubes out... feed the animals, make breakfast, wake the kids, get dressed and then my cubes have defrosted enough to blend and take with me.

My green cubes always have - Baby Spinach, Baby Kale, Baby Arugula , Swiss Chard, Celery, Cucumber, Mint, Cilantro, Avocado, Parsley, Carrot, Tomato - a little of each.