Favorite movie quotes or moments

Options
_Terrapin_
_Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
For me in Saving Private Ryan, part of the letter to a Mrs Bixby being read aloud:

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Replies

• SavageRabidBeast_version2
    Options
    One that always makes me laugh:

Eight Crazy Nights - The blind as a bat character known as Whitey says "Kitty, I have my finger in your mouth but I don't feel any teeth"
  • Kurindal
    Kurindal Posts: 355
    Options
    The first 10 minutes of Full metal jacket.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    Full Metal Jacket: Modine "Is that you John Wayne?"
  • Zippy07r
    Zippy07r Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "You talk the talk, do you walk the walk?"
  • Kurindal
    Options
    Full Metal Jacket: Modine "Is that you John Wayne?"

My favorite line from that bit is:

"Did your parents have any children that lived?

That is by far the most cutting insult Gunnery Sgt Hartman makes.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat."
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    Yes he is making it to Private Pyle. Very good scene, one of the best in a movie ever.

Ving "My safe word is blueberry pancakes"
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    "A man's got to know his limitations". Harry Callahan, Magnum Force
  • Kurindal
    Options
    V for Vendetta:
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    That would be the moment in Avatar when Sully is landing the leonopteryx in the Na'vi gathering; whover did the CGI on this has the movement of the muscles and the wings so realistic that you'd think the creature was alive, that and the moment when Sully walks past the thing, stroking its head to keep it calm. Gorgeous, believable animal, absolutely love it.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothin' special - Steel Magnolias
  • therexpert
    Options
    You're moving to Aspen eh? California..beauuutifull-Jim Carey Dumb and Dumber
  • Kurindal
    Options
    You're moving to Aspen eh? California..beauuutifull-Jim Carey Dumb and Dumber

every time I need to spell that word, my brain silently says...

"B-E-A-UTIFUL"

Damn you Jim Carrey
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Badges? We don't got no badges... We don't need no stinking badges!!
  • stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Chuck: Can you turn the music down?

Bill: Sure. I can turn it up. I can turn it down. I can turn it from the back speakers to the front speakers and from the front to the back.

from Night Shift
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    In frozen the Let it go scene just really stuck with me. Because I can let go of all the negative thoughts and I can't and just do it! Plus it is a beautiful scene and song
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Do or do not.... There is no try.... Yoda
  • TrevNiel22
    Options
    One of the main primary focuses of the Saw film series are the traps that the character John Kramer, and his apprentices create for their victims. In the movies, the serial murderer, Jigsaw, places individuals into traps for having wasted or misused their lives; each trap serving the purpose of testing the victim's will to live. As such, these devices force subjects into near-death situations where they are typically given the opportunity to either save themselves or die. In accordance with Jigsaw's ideology, the traps are meant to act as a form of immediate rehabilitation for the subject upon completion, supposedly rewarding the survivor with a new lease on life and ridding them of their vices (that is if the subject doesn't fail and die, which is usually the case in the films).
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    “I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.”

from Blade Runner
  • sarahc142
    sarahc142 Posts: 156
    Options
    “I’m glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee…here at the end of all things.” -Frodo

Always makes me tear up lol