Looking for walking/workout buddies

Options
Hi my name is Lynn, I am 45 years old and live in Cape Coral, Florida. This is my first time trying MFP and really my first time trying to lose weight. I spent the majority of my life being a small girl, 5'4"-110lbs. Then all of a sudden I started gaining weight, in the last 2 years I have put on 35lbs and I feel slow and sluggish. a good majority of my family members suffer from extreme obesity. I guess I could see it slowly happening but I just kinda turned a blind eye to the weight and just bought clothes that were a size bigger here and there. Well I can no longer sit with my head in the sand and do nothing! I want to be health again and learn how to change my lifestyle not do what I have always seen my mother, grand mother and aunt do and go from this diet to that diet to all the fad plans and they are all still extremely over weight. I know that I have started my journey but I also know me well enough to know that I can not finish it alone. The friends and support I have received here at MFP so far has been a great help and I continue to try to add new friends everyday, but I am looking for some women in my area who would be interested in getting together to start walking or working out or just having someone right there close by who can talk you off the ledge if you need it. Please let me know if anyone is interested. And everyone else feel free to add me as a friend I do my best to check in everyday and give support to all who are on my list. Thank you for reading, have a great day! :happy:

Replies