anyone just beginning their workouts?

Options
I have only been logging my food/workouts for about 4 days. I haven't lost any weight yet, but if anyone else is in the same boat we can talk! I think i'm just building muscle right now, hopefully something will happen.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you're doing the right thing, buildiing up good habits in regard to logging food and working out. small changes can yeild very big results.

however you are not building muscle. that takes time, a lot of time, and a lot of strength training, and generally a calorie surplus.

you can and should strength train on a calorie deficit, and if you'd like i can give you a few links to some beginner body weight work outs.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    you're doing the right thing, buildiing up good habits in regard to logging food and working out. small changes can yeild very big results.

however you are not building muscle. that takes time, a lot of time, and a lot of strength training, and generally a calorie surplus.

you can and should strength train on a calorie deficit, and if you'd like i can give you a few links to some beginner body weight work outs.

^^this. Stick with it. With determination, you will find success. Ask questions....do strength training and cardio and find things that you enjoy that are active.
  • jenniferlynn36
    jenniferlynn36 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

^^this. Stick with it. With determination, you will find success. Ask questions....do strength training and cardio and find things that you enjoy that are active.

I've been switching from running to zumba, because i don't want to hurt myself with running since it's been so long. I just have to keep reminding myself that eventually, i will see a change!
  • Kicking_Butt
    Options
    im starting exercise tomorrow :) I downloaded Nike + Running app, though I am going to only be walking. my food and whatnot will still be recorded... im excited!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I've been working out since New Year's but joined here this week after gaining two pounds the first three weeks. So far I think it's really helping me.
  • jenniferlynn36
    jenniferlynn36 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have faith in us all! I'm going to add you too. I know having friends on here helps me. Especially because i set my intake to be viewed by others so everyone can see what I eat!