LOOKING FOR CYCLING FRIENDS

Options
Hi, my name is Valentine. I am looking to make friends with those who love cycling. I ride a road bike and average about 75 miles a week. I am a member of a cycling club in South Florida (Fort Lauderdale) named The South Broward Wheelers. Most of my rides are solo, but from time to time I ride with my club. My cycling goal for 2014 is to ride 4,000 miles. My exercise diary is open to all as well as my food diary. Also my ride stats can be viewed by visiting bikejournal.com (user name: cupidval).

Replies

• loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BIKING!!!!! in MN so its inside boring stuff for now,,but once its nice enough I am outside on the road trying to get in at least 100 miles a week..going to buy a new road bike this spring as my knees cant take the mountain biking anymore.
  • CycleCarolina
    CycleCarolina Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Will be traveling to Ft. Lauderdale a few times this spring for work. Do any shops rent road bikes, for a day or two? Are the roads cycling friendly? Y'all sure have traffic down there.
  • cupidval
    cupidval Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Will be traveling to Ft. Lauderdale a few times this spring for work. Do any shops rent road bikes, for a day or two? Are the roads cycling friendly? Y'all sure have traffic down there.

Sorry I took so long to reply to your post. Yes road bikes can be rented from the Trek Bicycle Store at an hourly rate or daily rate. Visit this website for rates and more information: http://trekbikesflorida.com/about/fort-lauderdale-bicycle-rentals-pg805.htm

The best place to ride a bike will be The City of Weston. Weston is known as the bike friendly city with miles of bike lanes which are well maintained. Many cyclist and clubs ride in Weston. Another place to bike ride will be along The City of Fort Lauderdale beaches. There are bike lanes which stretch for miles on the road called: A1A.
  • monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy biking outside on our local train trail. They have converted our old rail road tracks into walking/biking trails. I haven't been on the trail since November due to the cold weather and snow however I am really missing it. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can enjoy this activity again.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike that I ride 22 miles about 40 mins a day if that counts :)
  • Nadia222222
    Nadia222222 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I Tried Do the stationary bike and my butt hurt for days!!! LOL
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I Tried Do the stationary bike and my butt hurt for days!!! LOL

It can at first...lol
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike that I ride 22 miles about 40 mins a day if that counts :)

You're averaging 33mph?
    Man that's really moving!
    When I use the stationary bike at the gym I'm lucky to make 14mph average.... (and that's killin me!)