Any Diabetics out there?

Options
I'm looking for support from another diabetic. I'm having problems balancing from my meds dropping my sugar so I have to eat and eating makes me gain. But if I get off the meds my sugar goes up. So for now I know I need the meds but cant cut any out yet. From the research my meds make ppl gain. If I can just figure this out I can get off my meds and not worry with it. BUT I feel like a roller coaster. I'm going back to eating 6 meals a day but what I did before did not work. So I need ideas.

Replies

• jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Welcome to the group! You're right that balancing medications and blood sugar can be tricky. Have you talked with your doctor about the best way to go about this? She should be able to give you some good ideas. Keeping track of what you eat, the carbohydrate content and calorie content, and your blood sugar levels should also give you good information to help you figure out where to make changes. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • catmusic64
    Options
    I am a newly diagnosed diabetic and have found free groups and advice at both the YMCA and local hospital. There is a Tom of information. I'm trying diet and exercise to lose weight and control my glucose levels. Don't take med yet. Hope I never do.
  • conniestiger
    Options
    I am a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic with a long family history of this, heart disease and high blood pressure. Family genetics have caught up with me, and I am struggling to get my health issues in balance and control. I am getting really good health care, but it know I have to get control of what I can control myself. Hopefully this can help me. Right now I am just feeling overwhelmed. If I can support someone else I'm happy to do so. - we all learn from each other.