Alli ?

Options
Anyone tried it? Any luck? Reviews I've read online seem to be pretty high.

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I've heard it gives some people anal leakage aka uncontrollable diarrhea. :noway:
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    One word: shart.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Do a search for it here on the boards - I can't remember reading any favorable reviews, but often getting a good chuckle at some of the posts.

I wouldn't touch the stuff.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...just eat regular healthy food from the grocery store, portion control if your out and drink water, movement helps too aka. workouts!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Please don't.
  • seasonsanna
    Options
    if you really like surprise pooping its great!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I tried it several years ago, and I would not recommend it. The bathroom wasn't so much a problem--as long as you eat under the limits on fat per meal, you should be fine. (I think that's really all it did for me was force me to limit my eating to avoid any bathroom issues.) But what it did was cause huge deep acne/cysts deep under my skin around my jawline. They wouldn't go away with any treatment since they were so deep. And even when I stopped Alli, it took forever for them to go away. (At least they have now.) I found lots of commenters online at the time with similar experience. I definitely would not take it again.
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have read articles about it being very dangerous. Why not just get on a good program for life and stick to it. Fad are just that fads and you end up gaining it all back anyway. Change our way of eating and change your exercise habit and the proper course will become the habit you want.:)

Anyone tried it? Any luck? Reviews I've read online seem to be pretty high.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Based on everything I've read...if you do decide to try it, make sure you carry a change of undies and pants around with you.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    LOL! Can't help but laugh at this one. (Sorry). My husband said his ex-wife took it for a while and had the sharting issue. He said it was hugely unattractive to be out and she had to change pants or they had to go home early. The smell in the car on the ride home was apparently not that pleasant. :bigsmile:
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you are a responsible person who can accurately log your food, you won't have any problems with Alli. I used it years ago when I lost 20 pounds and am using it again now. I have never had a single problem. NOT ONE.

You take it with your meal. Your meal MUST have 15 grams of fat or less in it. If your meal has more than 15 grams of fat, 1.) you should probably re-think that meal and 2.) don't take it. Not sure how much fat is in your meal? Don't take it. Follow these guidelines and you will never have a problem.

If you are not a responsible person who can log all food or you cheat often on your diet, this drug is not for you. If you are regimented and can follow the simple rules, you'll do great on it with zero problems.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mgduus0eWg1rb3az8_large.gif

In for comments on the side affects of a pill that makes fat run right through ya. Literally.