Not new, but returning

Options
Salutations, all!

I'm not quite new to MFP, but I've definitely managed to avoid it like the plague. I've had it in my mind that counting calories will not work for me, and thus, gave up several times. But every time I try to research dieting and weight loss, it ALWAYS points back to calorie counting. Always. And, of course, tracking the things I eat and how much exercise I do. So, might as well stick with it and keep with it.

Figured I'd pop in and say hi. If anyone would like to exchange friend requests so we can keep each other going, I'd not be against that! I support everyone's goals and hope everyone will come to reach them!

Replies

• DJHudgins
    DJHudgins Posts: 172
    Options
    Then feel free to shoot me a request! :)
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Me Too!! I've been "away" from MFP for 6months. It definitely worked the first time, I have to get back on the wagon again!!! :smile:
  • 000Linda000
    000Linda000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! I've lost so much weight with it before but since I've stopped using it, I've gained it all back. Add me :)
  • Shar_ncfl
    Shar_ncfl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been away too. Started MFP in 5/13 and did a great job tracking everything and updating MFP daily. When October got here we had vacation, daughters wedding and the holidays and I blew it! Tried to watch what I ate but, didn't record things like I should have and gained 13 lbs of the 45 lbs I had lost back! But, I am back on track now because I know MFP really does work for me.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Well howdy there. I commend you for re-engaging here. I have 150 that I have to lose and getting ready to check off 10 of them when I weigh in at my doctors office Monday morning (maybe even more than 10!). Would love to be added to anybodies friend list. MORE MOTIVATION = LESS DISTRESS :bigsmile:
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Been a member off and on for four years but always find some reason to stop logging. Well, I always do my best when I'm logging so I've been back for two weeks and really motivated to do well.
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Anyone may add me!

Also, I am starting to post my favorite low-calorie recipes in a blog if you want to check it out (friends only) :flowerforyou:
  • pcsg1008
    pcsg1008 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as your friend.
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well this story sound way too familiar!! :embarassed:

I am back in to win and commit. Done it before can do it again.

Cheers to all of us :drinker:
  • leaner426
    Options
    You can add me if you like. If it helps I can confirm the "weight is lost in the kitchen, you get in shape in the gym" message. Most of my life I've been in gyms and repeatedly tried losing weight through exercise (an hour of cardio and half hour of weights 5 days a week.) I never had much success - I think I lost ten pounds over six months training for a half marathon. I've joined WW twice to support friends/family members. First time I lost 20 pounds in two months and was down to my preferred weight just through tweaks to my diet. The second time I lost weight at a slower weight, but didn't like the program and wasn't motivated for me. I've found MFP and it's working.

One suggestion. Don't focus on counting calories to lose weight. Use the reports at the end of the day to notice how much fiber, fat and sugar you're having and: 1) the impact it has on how you feel; and 2) what MFP says you will weigh at the end of 5 weeks if you continue to eat that way. I'm getting a real education on how eating a little more healthy and even a little exercise can have significant improvements on weight and weight loss. I never liked counting points and didn't think I'd like counting calories, but focussing on all the other information is making this interesting and more fun since the results are a little more certain than hit or miss.

Good luck!
  • NamelessFollower
    NamelessFollower Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Such nice people on this site! Makes me wonder why I left! (Other than loss of motivation and lack of belief!)

Regardless, I'll add a lot of you and hope we can keep each other going! Positivity is a very good factor in getting what you want! Positivity and hard work! Good luck everyone!