looking for friends on this weight loss journey

Options
Hi all!

I'm 27, female, living in the UK, hoping to lose over 100 pounds... Though 80 would make me happy too.

I've tried every trick and fad diet in the book... And they have all failed. This time around I want to succeed, so I'm trying the "classic" way; diet and exercise.

I'm an active user of the app and would love to meet some people on here of similar mindsets, to help each other stay motivated... And for support :-)

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Prudence1980
    Options
    Hi, I just started on here a few weeks ago. I love it because I log in daily and it reminds me to stay on track. My method is slow and steady. I'm trying to create a filling meal plan for my family that we can follow for the rest of our days. It's being tweaked as I go along. I'm also running, with the hopes of completing my first marathon in October of this year! Eeeeek! Anyway, I am super motivated to do this and I really enjoy seeing how everyone else is succeeding. I have about 60 - 70 lbs to lose, the weight of my two kiddies! I would love to hold them on the scale and still be under 200 lbs, haha! I will add you :)
  • dreah779
    Options
    That's really amazing having a goal like a marathon to work towards! I think you're right, slow and steady wins the race... But I'm so impatient, lol! I'll add you in a sec :-)
  • Cyriacos
    Options
    Hello , I just registered today , I'm 23 years old I'm from Cyprus . I want to lose 80 lbs to get to my ideal weight , I've started doing interval cardio 3-4 times a week since the 1st of January , I want to up the ante starting tomorrow , I want to do it 5-6 times a week.
  • dreah779
    Options
    Oh wow, that's pretty much every day, good on you!
    I'm exercising 3-4 days a week... Because I work 3 14-hour days a week in healthcare. On these days I don't have time to exercise, nor do I need to, as I'm on my feet all day :-)
  • Cyriacos
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm unemployed at the moment so my lifestyle in general is pretty sedentary . Making daily exercise a habit is very important to me .
  • irene4134
    irene4134 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey add me! Irene4134 it's a very slow process with big results, u r gonna have to work on your patience dear. Good luck, will be with u all the way
  • dreah779
    Options
    Oh, I know... I'm in it for the long haul and will work on my patience :-) thanks! I'll definitely add you!
  • TheJewel281
    Options
    Hi dreah, I joined my fitness pal over a month now and I want to lose over 100 pounds. So far I've lost 13 pounds I would to meet people as well. :)
  • sarahc142
    sarahc142 Posts: 156
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for friends too here!
    I lost some weight last year but I gained it all back since I went back to college :(
    So now I'm trying to lose it again before my boyfriend comes to visit
    I'm 20, from America but living and going to school in Tokyo
  • dreah779
    Options
    We're all in this together :-) I'll add you if you don't mind :-)
  • dreah779
    Options
    Way to go!! I've added you, jewel :-)
  • irene4134
    irene4134 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey add me! Irene4134 it's a very slow process with big results, u r gonna have to work on your patience dear. Good luck, will be with u all the way
  • sausens
    sausens Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey a year and a half ago and so far I've lost 23 kgs (50 pounds, I'm from Northern Europe). I go to the gym about 4-5 times a week, I lift weights and started running. This year I plan to run 5K and 10K, but I'm no way near marathon yet :P Anyway, I'm adding you all!
  • after2babies
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Nikki, 31 from Minnesota U.S. I am ready to start my weightloss journey today! I am currently 194 pounds at 5'2''. My son is now 9 months and it istime for the weight to reduce. My goal is 130 hopefully by the end of summer. Now in the past I've lost weight rapidly, so I hope for te best again. By my 32nd birthday which is in September, I will be in tip top shape. IT'S TIME!
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, everyone! I am going to start making blogs about my recipes for other users as well! :)
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jill & I have been on mfp since July, I love to encourage & be encouraged. Anyone feel free to add me! I'm on every day.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, friends who support, motivate and encourage eachother are what makes this process much easier...just remember we all fail we all have good days and bad but what matters is that we get up and try again!

~Charlie
  • conniegochanourchurchill
    Options
    Hi I'm from Springfield Il and joined yesterday. I'm going to try and loose 80 lbs but would be happy with 50. I will be 40 this year and have decided to put myself first. Usually it is my husband and kids first but if I don't get some of the weight off I may not be able to put them first again. Please feel free to add me.
  • diva_vida
    diva_vida Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Everyone can add me also! I make sure to log on everyday and log everything I eat, good or bad.
  • 000Linda000
    000Linda000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've just restarted using this having lost 10lbs the last time but gained it all back when I stopped using it. Add me :)