Hello, I'm new

Options
I'm in my early 30s, 185lbs on a 5'4" frame (pear shape) and I usually can't put the fork down. :) My eyes tend to deceive me portion-wise and came here for the calorie counter. I noticed the message board and thought I`d say hi.

Replies

• Jhise518
    Options
    Hi I am new to this as well. I thought I would try this program before I decided to have the weight loss surgery. It is so hard for me to lose weight. The Drs. have told me I am fighting an uphill battle. I do not have a thyroid, it had to be removed do to thyroid cancer. So for me to lose weight is very hard. I am looking for all the support I can get cause I don't have it from family or many friends.
  • brashz
    brashz Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome! Joining MFP has helped me to realize where I am going wrong with my eating. Good luck with your journey. You will get much support from the wonderful people here. :smile:
  • almspecial
    almspecial Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi im a 35 year old female i just got started on this life change two months ago. Ive losted 20lbs ive very excited just need to keep in contact with someone thats motivated and share so that i stay focused. I have a good support team, but would like a weightloss buddy that would challenge me when i am down.
  • MommaSue1973
    Options
    hello I am new at this to. But I am a 40 year old female diabetic and really struggle with my weight in 2007 I weighed 314 pounds since then I lost weight but now I am stuck at 272. So I joined in hopes that I can get back on track and lose some more. I am only 5 foot 1 inch tall. or as my kids say I am fun size. lol.
  • akdollie
    akdollie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There are a lot of great tools on here and a supportive community to help. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • MommaSue1973
    Options
    one thing I do is use a small saucer that way you can't put much food on it. and never refill it. Eat slow. and always drink a full glass of water before you eat it will help fill you up quicker. just one thing that helps me.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! :smile:
  • mbk1970
    mbk1970 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place and I am impressed that you are trying to lose weight before surgery. Congratulations on those wonderful first decisions.
    Weight loss is NOT EASY any way you look at it. I make excuse after excuse and I have zero hurdles. Your post will INSPIRE me to keep working on it and not give up if only for today!
    Thanks,
    Keep coming back!:wink:
  • chefclairrbear77
    chefclairrbear77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here to and I'm looking to make friends to help each other through the highs and lows. Please feel free to add me to help each other along. I've got a long journey ahead and would appreciate the support ????
  • Sartajsingh85
    Sartajsingh85 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have just turned 30 , I am 5'8'' , my weight has steadily increased the past decade from 63 Kgs to 83 Kgs now, earlier i was in denial, thinking i can reduce it whenever i want (that is certainly not the case). I want to live healthy and feel like i used to when i was 63 kgs. So a big Hi to everyone !! I am looking to make some friends along my journey.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi Miss Rose and welcome!
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME. There are wonderful people. I have 75 lbs that I WILL have gone by my 50th birthday in October this year. LETS DO THIS!!!
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    welcome. glad you are a part of the community. helping support each other in their journey makes the journey more fun and easier at times. we are all here for a reason...to become the person we know is inside of us just waiting to be free. enjoy your journey and best wishes. don't ever give up...the finish line is just around the corner. you may not see it yet, but it's there.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Sounds a but like me at the beginning of this journey (except the age... :P) you can achieve anything, if we did! Good luck :)