Just came back

Options
I did myfitnesspal several months ago, but quit for a time. I have gained back a bit of my weight and would love to start over again. I have issues with motivation, start out good, then make a tiny mistake and give up. I am trying to overcome this, to finally make the weight go away and not come back.

Replies

• Judith652
    Judith652 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I had a bad stint for a couple of months but I'm back now and have set my target to maintain for a couple of weeks to get back into the way of logging everything again. You've so much to gain by sticking with it and nothing to lose except weight.
  • PeachBean
    PeachBean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back,
    I'm like this too! I've been going strong for a while though. I haven't started working out yet because of certain reasons but limiting your food palate is always a good start. I started off my first week with 2 diet shakes a day and a normal dinner so I could just get used to the lesser amount of calories I'd be eating a day. Then I slowly edged out of it to start having small breakfasts and lunches. It's best to lose a max 2 pounds a week, and it's slow and grueling but once the numbers start to drop it feel better!

Keep at it! We all have cheat days, get fit and healthy!!
  • Shar_ncfl
    Shar_ncfl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job on deciding to return! I started with MFP, lost 45 lbs but stopped logging in / tracking my food & exercise and gained 13 lbs back in 3 months. I am returning again and realize how important keeping track of things are and that I need to hold MYSELF accountable.
  • crystalbreeves
    Options
    I just started myfitness pal. I love it! My cousin introduce me to the free program. I am doing the points system on WW too. But I am going to go fulltime on this next month. I also have a problem starting and then falling out of the wagon.. I will hold you too it if you would like to become friends on here and we can all do this together. :smile: