Chalean Extreme Anyone?

Options
I am in my first of Chalean Extreme and would love to have people doing it along with me for support and motivation. I am having a tremendous struggle sticking to the diet. I am gonna try to fix some of the recipes in advanced for next week. Maybe that will help me from making bad choices. Please add me and we can support each other.

Thanks
Casey

Replies

• piwijpoukasi
    piwijpoukasi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm actually just contemplating starting the program tonight! (Scratch that, I will be starting tonight, after a little search for motivation and taking down my measurements!)

I have yet to finish a program that I start, so I'm definitely interested in helping to support/having some accountability!!
  • lijsda1
    lijsda1 Posts: 169
    Options
    I have done ChaLean Extreme twice and I love it. I had the best body of my life after doing that program and then I got pregnant. I am going to start round 3 very soon.

Add me for support
  • MARTIC0058
    MARTIC0058 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    piwijpoukasi way to make the decision to start! I am actually now in my second week, and we can do it! Today is a rest day for me! I am loving the program. I completed t25 in November and it was actually my first program that I actually have completed, so here we go! We got this!
  • MARTIC0058
    Options
    piwijpoukasi how are you doing with chalean extreme? I started week 3 yesterday and all ready can tell huge differences in muscle. I can't wait to see end results!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm ordering it today from Ebay and will hopefully be seeing some toning by Spring. Good luck to everyone. I liked that I didn't have to buy equipment I didn't need, at least for now, my 3-20 should be okay.. I will still do my cardio and mix it in, I have trouble following strict guidelines with these programs but it looks like fun.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Charlene Johnson.! I'm not doing Chalean extreme, but I am doing TurboFire and it is BONKERS! But I LOVE IT! I have a support group on FB if you would like to join, shoot me a message! Good luck to you! She is an awesome trainer!:flowerforyou:
  • debraran1
    Options
    piwijpoukasi how are you doing with chalean extreme? I started week 3 yesterday and all ready can tell huge differences in muscle. I can't wait to see end results!

I did day one yesterday and did Burn it Off today because I wanted a quick cardio workout. The weights were different than I had done in others and I liked how she explains everything...even has a separate DVD for that. I like her...Turbo Jam didn't click with me but I like ChaLean.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love Chalene and all of her workouts. I am currently doing Turbo Fire. I am also fortunate enough to have my success story on her Chalean Extreme motivational CD. Always up for new Turbo/Extreme friends :)
  • omgitsk8lyn
    omgitsk8lyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am just starting my second week of CLX and I love it! Where is everyone else at in the program?
  • debraran1
    Options
    I'm ending my first week soon. Hope we both stick with it through. ; )
  • piwijpoukasi
    piwijpoukasi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MARTIC0058 -

I'm so very sorry - for some odd reason I thought I would get notifications on here if people re-posted... things at the hospital have been so busy I usually just use MFP on the go on my phone!

I had started but due to not having the right equipment I put things on hold... however my selectTech dumbbells came in today, so I'm restarting week one! I'm a bit behind, but excited to do it correctly! (I actually ordered a heart rate monitor that came yesterday as well - new toys! ha)

How is everyone doing so far?!?
  • debraran1
    Options
    I'm doing okay, only have 3, 5 8, 12 and 20lbs...sometimes I need 15, but I'll get them sooner or later. My husband has some weights that I can use later to make it over 20.

I like most of it a lot...my 20 min cardio was a great burn and the 45 minute when I previewed it, was also a nice workout, less cardio but overall workout. I didn't like the abs as much as others I do, so I might not do that as often.

I listened to her motivational DVD in the car on the way to work...agree with a lot of what she said, but I could never eat just for fuel, I like food, I'm Italian..: ) But I have made changes to portion sizes and learned to take a breath when stressed and think about what I'm doing.

Yes, the posting here is not very high-tech....I thought you were notified too but found answers weeks later by chance to old posts.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I have been doing Chalean Extreme for several months now. She is very fun and motivating. I think we started a group for it back then, but I still have not been able to find how many calories are burned with the workout. I like the Ab Burner and the exercises in the Push month. Please let me know if you find how many calories the work-outs are.
  • debraran1
    Options
    I think it would vary by each person's weight and activity. I burned about 200 doing her 45 min strength with weights...I think it would only be around 100 for the 25 min weight routine...but I feel it helps you burn more efficiently later.

I was once 145 and didn't work out and couldn't eat very much without gaining...size 10 I think....then 10 years later the same wieght, I was a size 8 and with a lot more muscle, ate much more than before without gaining....so I'm believer in the "more muscle, more burn". :smile:
    I love Pilates for abs and do a Tony Horton ab workout and ChaLeans...mix it up to keep the muscles guessing a bit.

I can't wait to start the next phase "Push". Next week I think.

:
  • bronx1101
    Options
    Hi all! I ordered Chalean Extreme on Friday and will start as soon as it arrives. Any tips or suggestions? Also, do y'all know if there is a CLX group? If not, maybe we should start one for support. I love giving support, but boy is it aggravating when I don't get any in return; y'all know what I mean?
  • Spresto2
    Spresto2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm doing a combo of ChaLean Extreme, TurboFire and about to start a new BeachBody program called 21 Day Fix. My plan is to do follow the 21 Day Fix exercise program and on days that I have extra time, I'm going to add in the other workouts. If you'd like to add me for support, motivation, fun...and all that...please do! I'm always looking for some positive people to keep up with!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it as well, but plan to start only in March/April. I'm.currently doing another program.
  • nje444
    nje444 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started Chalean Extreme this morning but as I am coming off of Insanity, I find it a huge (mental, physical??) adjustment. I was thinking of alternating between the two since I love the high impact cardio of insanity but know the benefits of weight lifting. Any suggestions?? Feel free to message me too!
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started Chalean Extreme this morning but as I am coming off of Insanity, I find it a huge (mental, physical??) adjustment. I was thinking of alternating between the two since I love the high impact cardio of insanity but know the benefits of weight lifting. Any suggestions?? Feel free to message me too!

I did Chalean Extreme (CLX as I like to call it) right after Turbo Fire and I honestly was so worried about enjoying CLX after doing an intense cardio program. I thought I would be bored. It was not an issue at all. At first, it was strange to not be doing HIITs and such, but the program is so effective! And there are the 2 cardio workouts you do per week with CLX. I personally am in favor of doing the program on its own the first time around so you see the true results. CLX completely changed my body. I LOVED IT. Now I've moved on to P90X3 and I love it as well, but it's different. I love the fact that you can just add a new program in to keep things interesting and work your body in different ways. I say, go ALL IN on CLX :happy:
  • MARTIC0058
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am currently in the push month and am loving it! Sorry that I haven't been active on here but don't get notifications so didn't realize so much was going on. I am loving the push month! Burning more calories with the heavier weights. Didn't realize just a few extra lbs made such a difference. How is everyone doing?

I have a more active group on fb if anyone is interested please let me know. Its easier to get notifications from fb.

Hope everyone is enjoying CLX.

Casey