Best exercise videos for strength training for ladies

Options
Hi everyone

So I guess I'm what you'd call skinny fat. I'm a healthy weight but still have body fat I don't want and from reading posts on here sounds like I need to do more strength training to get the last bit of fat off and tone up. I do a lot of cardio each week from sports and insanity once or twice a week (completed the 60days program in December but like to keep doing it to keep fitness up).

However I don't do gyms so need something I can do at home (like insanity). Can anyone recommend a workout DVD that is good for strength training? I imagine I'm going to need some weights or a resistance band to build my strength at this point as insanity was more using your body weight and that didn't get me as strong as I want to be.

I hear T25 is more strength based but then also don't want something that I have to do everyday. I'm thinking more 2/3 times a week.

Any advice much appreciated thanks!

Replies

• LoveLaughSweatFuel
    LoveLaughSweatFuel Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know a good number of ladies that do the Body Beast program from Beach body. Yes, it is marketed toward men but weights are weights. Who really needs to see a lady working out to feel comfortable with it? You lift what you are comfortable with and progress on your own. I have seen great results of varying degrees. Workouts vary from 38 to 55 minutes. And no I am not affiliated with Beach body.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    If you end up using resistance bands I would suggest ordering a set with at least 4 different strengths. I started out using the lightest one for everything but now at least for a few things I have moved up two bands. Also make sure that you get a set that includes the door anchor.

I just did some research and put together a set of exercises that targets the main muscle groups and areas that I am really weak in. For some I use the bands...others I use dumbbells...and then do some that just uses body weight.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Pump
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Do a search on you tube for strength training...free and no gym!