30 day Shred- to move on to level 2?

Options
Hi,

So i've been doing the 30 day shred level 1 with 4kg weights (that's 2kg in each hand)- i've done about 8 days on level one and now i'm finding that my recovery etc is really quick and i'm not dying at the end of each workout. So i'm thinking about moving to level 2- the thing is, i cannot, cannot do a push up- even the ones on my knees i find so difficult- just dont seem to be able to do it! Is it worth moving to level two if i've got it all down without needing a rest but just with crappy pushups or do i need to stay on level 1 until i can do them?

Replies

• Amiwil
    Amiwil Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Is this the same as the Betty Rocker 30 day shred challenge?
  • Amiwil
    Amiwil Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do the push ups on my knees. I plan to move it up a notch once I feel stronger in my back because that's normally where my pain gets bad. I do the planks though. I moved on to week 2 even though I couldn't maintain each exercise for a full minute, specifically the push ups, flowing downward dog, v sit and planks. I did them for as long as I could for sure. Now I'm doing week 2 which ends tonight and I'm proud of myself! Irregardless of the fact I still couldn't do those 4 exercises for the full minute in week 2 either lol. I'm pushing ahead because I figure when I complete the whole 4 weeks, I'm going to start from the beginning again and I'll be able to do it much better next time around because I've pushed my body past that already. Then, I can focus more on my frame and making sure I'm doing each movement the best way possible.

My point...do what you can, just try for 10 push ups on your knees. As you get stronger you will push for more. 10 in one minute is doable. Believe it and achieve it!