Anybody else have PCOS? :/

Options
I was told by a nurse its highly likely I have polycystic ovary syndrome. I have to lose weight, especially after finding out about things like the fertility problems I could have. Anybody else going through the same thing?

Replies

• ashluv2sing
    ashluv2sing Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed in August...still trying to figure everything out. I have been taking Metformin but not sure that it has helped much. I am going back to the doctor in February to see what he suggests.
  • katkat28
    katkat28 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed in 2008, and although I'm not married or trying to conceive right now, this is something I want to be in shape for in the future. I want the thing I can control (my weight) to be in a good place incase I have fertility problems later. I'm adding you we can motivate each other:)
  • scooterjen
    scooterjen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have known I have PCOS since my 20s (I'm 44 now). I've been faithfully logging in and tracking for 3 weeks on MFP. I have 50 lbs to lose. I already know it will be a slow process because of Insulin resistance. I'll gladly help out any way I can. I'm trying to stay out of diabetes land. Feel free to add me.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Yep, for decades. But only recently did I start getting glucose problems and high triglycerides (although the TOM problems have been insane. I never lost my period with PCOS, and it's really long.). The estrogen imbalance might be what caused my endometriosis, too, says my gyno.

So I'm trying to be a good girl and take the meds I'm supposed to. My stomach revolted, so I'll try again and taper better after about another week. I have to take a lot of meds that hurt my stomach, so don't let me scare anyone off! I have an ulcer, too. The Met really helped me lose weight so much faster on the same calories. It was pretty cool! I hope I can get it to agree with my tummy.