Sooo, I over-indulged... (Sodium damage)

Options
'Ello! I was wondering how much damage overstepping my sodium intake, but still keeping waay below my calorie intake would be?

I haven't had Tom Yum instant noodles for a long time, and pretty much nothing that unhealthy for a while so I decided on a pack today. Turns out that was a huge mistake. Not only because of the excess sodium, but also because I just discovered I don't like the taste anymore(that was a shock in it's self, I tell ya). I haven't overstepped my sodium intake in the last week. My exercises mostly consist of high to low impact aerobics, push-ups and tricep extensions.

So... exactly how harmful is it?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,992 Member
    Options
    1 noodle dish..........life is complicated.:smile:
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Unless you have been advised to follow a low-sodium diet per your Dr., you really have NOTHING to worry about. Drink more water today, you'll survive.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,191 Member
    Options
    Sodium has nothing to do with fat loss. It may (emphasis on may) cause temporary water weight gain. That is why it is so important to use something else along with the scale to measure progress.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how much damage overstepping my sodium intake, but still keeping waay below my calorie intake would be?

this is either poorly worded or your clueless and developing an....... la la la lalaaaaaaaaaa

Where did you get the idea to combat too much sodium (highly debatable) with a larger deficiency of calories?

This is why people really should not think for themselves.

harsh, I know. I dont sugar coat things because refined sugar is a deadly sin... all seven, infact, are sugar consumption
  • NafisaT13
    Options
    this is either poorly worded or your clueless and developing an....... la la la lalaaaaaaaaaa

Where did you get the idea to combat too much sodium (highly debatable) with a larger deficiency of calories?

This is why people really should not think for themselves.

harsh, I know. I dont sugar coat things because refined sugar is a deadly sin... all seven, infact, are sugar consumption

That's all right. I don't sugar coat things either. I'm completely new to weight loss and balanced diets. Which is why i wasn't thinking for myself, and decided on asking a question. I didn't think it actually had any connection. I do have a water retention problem and many people say that excess sodium in the blood can cause problems. I wanted to make sure whether there really were any issues considering the fact that I over-ate only once. I don't live in a country where people buy everything from the supermarket and are aware of last bit every nutritional info, so there is a lot of speculation and I wanted it put to rest.

Thank you very much for your completely useless input.
  • NafisaT13
    Options
    1 noodle dish..........life is complicated.:smile:

Hahha, i know, the sky's falling. Terrible post, kinda typed without trying to sound eloquent :P
    Sodium has nothing to do with fat loss. It may (emphasis on may) cause temporary water weight gain. That is why it is so important to use something else along with the scale to measure progress.

Thanks! That's all I wanted to know.