Little bit afraid of MFP adding more calories to my total...

Options
I have had my activity setting on sedentary since I began on mfp. Not that I sit all of the time but I didn't think I matched up to the lightly active category either so I ended up going with sedentary.

The other day I was on some site that had me input my personal info including my exercise time and the results for activity was that i was lightly active. I then came back to mfp and switched my setting to lightly active. Making that change upped my calories from 1280 to 1525 or something like that!!

I was VERY nervous about eating that many calories, let alone eating any of my exercise calories back!!

I went in and manually switched my calories back down to 1350. I will now feel a bit better about eating back some of my exercise calories.

What would you have done? Is this the right move?

Any answers would be so very much appreciated!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    everything is trial and error eating not enough and u won't loose but eating to much and you'll gain. Play with the number over the next few weeks or months based on your lose to see which one works best.
  • TTcarey
    TTcarey Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Leave it at 1350... we don't move around as much as we thing.. wear a pedometer for a couple of days it will show you exactly how many steps you are taking.... aim for 10,000 steps.. Good luck
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Leave it at 1350... we don't move around as much as we thing.. wear a pedometer for a couple of days it will show you exactly how many steps you are taking.... aim for 10,000 steps.. Good luck
    This other site was basing the results of my activity level on the amount of exercise I'm doing, not on how much I do per day.

I never did use all of my calories when it was upped to 1500 something - made me tooooo nervous, I was positive I would gain if I did.

I will leave it at the 1350 and gauge my losses for now.

Thanks!
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    MFP is just suggesting what you should be doing to attain 2lbs a week (if that was your goal). In that respect it is pretty accurate. Keyword here is "suggesting" because everyone is different. If YOU want to lose more then by all means drop your intake and don't eat exercise calories.

After you input your food and exercise diary information it will tell you how much you will be losing. This is helpful for those trying to lose more than 2lbs a week.