Help!!!! I just had a baby and have a lot of stomach fat!!!!

Options
I had a bigger baby and gained most of my weight in my belly!!! Any advice on how to lose that fat with what to eat and exercises???? Any little bit might help, so please share!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Don't over complicate thing. Eat at a calories deficit ( eat more if you breastfeed) nice, filling and yummy food, go for walks with your little one. Rest!!!! Be patient.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Don't over complicate thing. Eat at a calories deficit ( eat more if you breastfeed) nice, filling and yummy food, go for walks with your little one. Rest!!!! Be patient.

This ^
  • mruter
    mruter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You still probably have a lot of swelling. I found right after I had my daughter, my metabolism was racing. Just watch what you eat, eat 6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism high and your energy up and digestion burns calories. Good luck and congratulations!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    After having four "bigger babies" (I'm guessing over 8lbs counts as bigger.) who are now from 7-20 years old, my advice is: Don't sweat the stomach fat. Instead, enjoy these days that you'll never have again and establish a routine that works for both baby and you. Calories in/calories out is the biggest variable in weight loss, but I've learned that I don't lose weight when I'm not sleeping so for 6 months after each child, losing was a lost cause for me. And I don't lose when they don't feel well - it stresses me out. And that's okay because those four kids are worth every one of the pounds I gained with each of them.

As far as exercise, I pushed mine around in a stroller and after my 6 wks clearance appointments, I did "baby pushups" and "baby crunches". I'd lie down in the floor, and push the baby up for 8 reps. I'd then lean baby back against my knees and holding onto them to keep them steady do 8 crunches. I probably started with 4 sets of that, but whatever you can do. I increased my reps over time until baby didn't cooperate anymore. (Maybe 6-8 months old for the crunches, but they loved the push up game for longer than I was able to do it. They got too tall before they got too heavy. My 7 year old would still like me to try it and the child weighs 70 pounds and is over 4 ft tall. Um, no, sorry. I do try regular push ups with him sitting on my back, but I don't make it all the way up unless he helps lift himself.) I don't think I tried to get back to more exercise than that until they were sleeping through the night. I was too tired myself.

Good luck and congratulations on your little one!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options

^^^This. This. This. My son just hit 2 and I'm just NOW being able to get consistent. I was very consistent before and even 6 months into my pregnancy. There is no medal for losing the weight super fast. If anything, you'll most likely get frustrated.
  • stewart613
    stewart613 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i also agree with Yanicka1.

rest, eat well, enjoy your baby and if you find yourself making critical remarks or having negative thoughts about your body focus on how amazing your body is. it just created an amazing little human. be kind to yourself :)

i started walking with my son last spring, getting him used to the jogging stroller. when i felt i had a good walking base, i started the C25K program. i completed it mid-december. he just turned 2 and i feel like i get to be a good role model for him now - he loves to run around and he talks about momma going out for her runs :)
  • 000Linda000
    000Linda000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think the best advice I've heard is this (not that I've ever had a baby):7
    It took 9 months to put it on, it'll take 9 months to take it off.

Congrats on the baby though!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Give it time. If you are breast feeding that will help with it as well. I did it with 3 kids. With the first 2 within 6-8 months i had returned to my original weight. After the last it took a bit longer because i gained more. And had more stress to deal with. For now just worry about that new baby and give your body time to recover from the trauma that it just endured. When you feel you can get started on something go easy and do core exercises for the tummy. Get out and start walking ASAP. Good Luck !:flowerforyou:
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one! I had a 'bigger baby' (almost 9lbs) in November and its so hard to be patient! but like PPs have said, it took 9 months to put on.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

this.

i'm unfortunatly recalling a thread a while back of a new breastfeeding mom asking for help with choosing a cleanse. sigh.
  • Mandi2bfit
    Mandi2bfit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. My baby was bigger and I gained a good amount.. It took a good year for myself (Had to change a lot of bad habits - soda, sweets, and sitting of my butt) to lose a good chunk of the weight. Unfortunately I broke and gained most of it back. Here three years after my son was born to try again!

Good luck and enjoy the little one! Congrats :)