5 Amazing Things You Can Learn From a Toddler

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
5 Amazing Things You Can Learn from a Toddler
by Guest Author
If you are having a hard time getting motivated to eat right and exercise, take note of how a toddler goes about their day.

They are in motion all day long.
My son is in constant motion from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep. He is a calorie burning machine that runs, jumps, hops, and skips everywhere he goes. He crawls around on the floor and does somersaults for no apparent reason. Take a lesson from your kids---the more you move, the more energy you have, and the more fit you will become.

They stop eating when they are full.
Kids can resist that last bite of food because they don't feel the need to clean their plate. They can have one bite of a cookie and walk away. When was the last time you turned away the last bite of food, despite the fact that you were already full? Try it out today, you will probably find you need less food than you realize.

They love to see themselves naked.
They are so proud of their bodies and embrace every single imperfection, scratch, and bruise. If you find yourself constantly criticizing your body, take a moment to thank it for all it does for you. Without our bodies, we would have a tough time getting round!

They are very flexible!
Children are like pretzels, they can bend, twist, and reach in every direction. Why? Because they practice it everyday (see #1). As adults, we lose our flexibility because we do not stretch our muscles enough. Take a few minutes out of each day to do some much needed stretching or yoga.

They get their sleep.
Children stay on top of their game by napping during the day and going to bed early at night.Their batteries are fresh and charged each morning. When was the last time you can say that about yourself? Turn off the TV, computer, and phone and get yourself a solids night sleep.

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    5 Amazing Things You Can Learn from a Toddler
    by Guest Author
    If you are having a hard time getting motivated to eat right and exercise, take note of how a toddler goes about their day.

They are in motion all day long.
    My son is in constant motion from the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep. He is a calorie burning machine that runs, jumps, hops, and skips everywhere he goes. He crawls around on the floor and does somersaults for no apparent reason. Take a lesson from your kids---the more you move, the more energy you have, and the more fit you will become.

They stop eating when they are full.
    Kids can resist that last bite of food because they don't feel the need to clean their plate. They can have one bite of a cookie and walk away. When was the last time you turned away the last bite of food, despite the fact that you were already full? Try it out today, you will probably find you need less food than you realize.

They love to see themselves naked.
    They are so proud of their bodies and embrace every single imperfection, scratch, and bruise. If you find yourself constantly criticizing your body, take a moment to thank it for all it does for you. Without our bodies, we would have a tough time getting round!

They are very flexible!
    Children are like pretzels, they can bend, twist, and reach in every direction. Why? Because they practice it everyday (see #1). As adults, we lose our flexibility because we do not stretch our muscles enough. Take a few minutes out of each day to do some much needed stretching or yoga.

They get their sleep.
    Children stay on top of their game by napping during the day and going to bed early at night.Their batteries are fresh and charged each morning. When was the last time you can say that about yourself? Turn off the TV, computer, and phone and get yourself a solids night sleep.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Thanks.

I needed the reminder.
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    They get their sleep.

Definitely something I need to rectify for myself. Thanks for an awesome post, made my night.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Soooo true I need to start taking some notes...lol
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I love this post!
    I try to keep up with my girls.. Good lord it's hard to do some of what they do.
    A simple somersault(sp?) hurts my back.

Great post Tiramisu!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    This is great!!! Thanks!!
  • cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    Options
    I loved it. May I share it with friends?
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    They get their sleep.

Definitely something I need to rectify for myself. Thanks for an awesome post, made my night.

ahh yeah, its now 2:45am and i'm not tired,
    and i have lecture at 8 in the morning, i am so not going to it
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, I'm watching my baby jump around in his excersaucer right now, and thinking maybe I should get my *kitten* out of this chair and join him, see who can last the longest lol!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Glad you all enjoyed this post! I thought it was a great list myself and one we all need a reminder of now and then! :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I loved it. May I share it with friends?

Sure! I got it off the Diet Blog website....I didn't write it! (I wish I could take the credit!! :laugh: )
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Bump (I just love this!)